Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

cancel my subscription via Facebook-Login: password not accepted

Solved!

cancel my subscription via Facebook-Login: password not accepted

Hi,

I want to cancel my subscription for Spotify Premium because I don't want to pay automatically for month where I can't listen so much...

The problem is at the password-field... I have to login with Facebook to use Spotify, but that password isn't accepted at the "cancel subscription" page...

I already contacted the (german?) support... (362862) - But they didn't answer to my mail for about 1 week, so I have to make it public with this post...

Can anyone help me???

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey paradonym, sorry for the delay in responding to your case. I'll make sure an German advisor gets back to you on this as soon possible.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Okay, thanks for the advise... I only wanted to make sure to cancel the subscription before it's automatically expanded... It's solved now... a new installed Firefox has solved the problem (I'm using Chrome for every-day-browsing)

There must still be a problem in displaying the Facebook-Button to cancel the subscription in Google Chrome (version 18[beta], and standard-version)... In Firefox there was no "Enter Facebook-Password"-field... The button for Firefox has redirected me directly to facebook.com where I could login and cancel my subscription...

Now I can wait until a prepaid-payment-option is here or Spotify-Gift-Cards are sold in german supermarkets... 😄 thanks...

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey paradonym, sorry for the delay in responding to your case. I'll make sure an German advisor gets back to you on this as soon possible.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
Marked as solution

Okay, thanks for the advise... I only wanted to make sure to cancel the subscription before it's automatically expanded... It's solved now... a new installed Firefox has solved the problem (I'm using Chrome for every-day-browsing)

There must still be a problem in displaying the Facebook-Button to cancel the subscription in Google Chrome (version 18[beta], and standard-version)... In Firefox there was no "Enter Facebook-Password"-field... The button for Firefox has redirected me directly to facebook.com where I could login and cancel my subscription...

Now I can wait until a prepaid-payment-option is here or Spotify-Gift-Cards are sold in german supermarkets... 😄 thanks...

Suggested posts