Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

how do I change my display name?

how do I change my display name?

I know this seems like an incredibly stupid question since there's a spotify page about how to do this, but hear me out. the instructions they provide do not work and all that's there on that page is mobile directions. my mobile app doesn't look like what they show, as when I view my profile, below my photo it says "find friends" not "edit profile." I've been trying to figure out how to change it on desktop instead since there's no option on mobile, but I can't find a thing. was it a feature that was just implemented solely on the mobile version and not desktop or web, or am I just struggling to find the way it's done?

Plan

Free

Country

Canada

Device

(Samsung Galaxy A5, a toshiba laptop i inherited idk anything else about it)

6 Replies

Just head to settings and you should see it 🙂 

- Ben 

unfortunately I do not, which is precisely my issue ://. there is no option in the mobile app to change my display name, nor my profile picture. alternatively, in the desktop & web app I can do as the spotify site says and hover over my photo when on my profile to change it, but that only applies to the the photo, not display name. are there versions of spotify that it's just not available? because if so I guess perhaps I'm just unlucky and got stuck with it all around. I know my spotify is updated across platforms but still. I'm not concerned about changing this stuff here in the spotify community as I'm never on this anyways and I know it's kinda an independant thing (I've looked that up before aha), I'm just trying to change it on regular, music spotify

thank you! as I said in the more info part though, unfortunately the instructions on that page do not help me. my spotify mobile layout is different than that of which it provides info on to where I don't have the option to do it that way despite the app being up to date. hence my confusion, and question haha.

Hey hey @Trash21!

Thanks for reaching out and for your detailed explanations. And thanks @Benlee12123b and @andrecdinis for your suggestions.

Can you send us a screenshot of what you see when you try following the steps on the support site? We'll also need to know the model of your device and its exact OS and Spotify versions?

Could you also make sure that you've tried a clean reinstall of the app with the steps here to make sure that no old cached files are causing trouble.

We'll see what we can suggest when we get a bit more info.

Take care!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Np, it's probably not is a fault I was looking in the app's code to see what could have been happening you should be able to see your username and Tap on it then Change it. Sorry I don't know much about the phone

Suggested posts