Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

how do I change my profile picture on chrome?

how do I change my profile picture on chrome?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA 

Device

chromebook

Operating System

google chrome

My Question or Issue

I use the spotify app availabe in the webstore for my chromebook, (open.spotify.com) and I can't add a profile picture. I've seen the instructions but my profile page looks different than the one in the instructions, I can't find a way to add a profile picture, or any picture for any playlist. Do I need a different app? Am I looking in the wrong place? I would greatly appreciate some advice

4 Replies

Hello @khayonic!

Unfortunately, it's not possible to change a playlist cover from the Web Player, right now. You'll have to download the Spotify app here. There, you should be able to change your playlists covers and profile picture 🙂

Hope this helps and let me know if there's anything else I can help with!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you for replying @Jose_M

I do have the app available for chromebook, but I can't find the options to change my profile picture or playlist covers. 

Hi there!

For the profile picture:

Click on your name in the top right corner

Once your music profile page loads, you should be able to click on your picture in the top left corner and change your picture.

For the playlist covers:

Right-click on the playlist you would like to change

Click on "Edit Details"

A window should pop up and you can choose an image from your computer!

Both need to be done in the app though. Hope this helped!

Hello @khayonic!

Can you make sure you installed the app and you're not on the Web Player version? It'd be great if you could attach a screenshot. 

If you are on the desktop version, you should be able to change them by following the steps @Molson91 nicely explained 🙂

If you are on that version but still can't find those options, I'd recommend having a clean reinstall.

Hope this helps and let me know how you get on!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts