Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

missing payment method when updating the premium plan to Duo

Solved!

missing payment method when updating the premium plan to Duo

Hi,

I have a personal premium plan. I wanted to change/upgrade the plan to Duo using the same payment method (via Ooredoo operator). Unfortunately, only the payment method by card is loaded. I wanted to continue using my initial payment method (Oooredoo). Could you please support with this issue?

Plan

Premium (personal)

Country

Tunisia

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @Morsi84,

Thanks for the post.

Recently there was a Spotify Premium price localization in Tunisia, where the monthly subscription currency was switched form USD/ EUR to the local TND. This said, some payment methods like PayPal are now not available in the country. 

Mobile Carrier billing should still be available, but it might take some time for all the available Premium plan options to become payable via Carrier billing. We can't say for sure when this will happen as it depends on local laws. 

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Paying thru mobile phone carrier vary per country or region.

To see the payment methods available where you are, go to www.spotify.com/premium and continue through to the checkout. You won’t be charged until you submit your payment info.

Since you have mentioned that you are already paying thru your phone carrier, double check if your phone is connected to a VPN network or if you are using 3rd party proxy.

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. 

I'm not using any VPN/proxy. I also tried from several devices using wifi or 4G.

Actually the payement via mobile payement is loaded only during the first purchase of a premium plan but not when updating the plan.

Regards, 

Morsi

Marked as solution

Hi there @Morsi84,

Thanks for the post.

Recently there was a Spotify Premium price localization in Tunisia, where the monthly subscription currency was switched form USD/ EUR to the local TND. This said, some payment methods like PayPal are now not available in the country. 

Mobile Carrier billing should still be available, but it might take some time for all the available Premium plan options to become payable via Carrier billing. We can't say for sure when this will happen as it depends on local laws. 

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts