Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

my account has been hacked

my account has been hacked

Please can you help - my account appears to have been hacked and hijacked by another user. I have managed to login to this page via facebook login, but the email address, postcode and password that are now associated with this account are not mine. The credit card showing however is mine and I am up to date with my payments but locked out of my account.

I regard this as an act of theft as I am now paying for a service which someone else is accessing. I also have serious questions as to why a company would let someone change email address and password on a subscription without sending any kind of notification to the previous email address. This is a basic security procedure and I would like an explanation as to why Spotify does not seem to take its customers' security seriously.

I have submitted this information on a contact form on the website today with details about how to get in touch with me.(via gmail account)  My user name is klema_ke in spotify. Please could this be looked into ASAP.

1 Reply

Hey @klema_ke! Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this issue! The best option for you now is to read and follow the steps outlined in this wonderful support article as soon as possible (minus contacting support, since you've already done that).

Suggested posts