my account seems to have disappeared

my account seems to have disappeared

Plan

Free/Premium

iphone 8pmus 

Operating System

IOS

My Question or Issue

So I’ve had an account for a while, and it seems to have just disappeared. Under my wife’s account she can still see my playlists and my username. But every time I try to login it shows I have nothing under my account and that it’s a free account, we pay for the service. Where did my account go? My screen name will not even send an email to any of my email account when asking to reset my password, but my email will and it’s always this old account from 2014. I want my account back! 

5 Replies

Hey @Southersbill, welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear your having issues logging in, and having frustrations, but no worries - I’ll be happy to help. 

Just to be clear, where do you try to access your Premium account (e.g. in the app, safari, firefox, chrome)? 

Let me know, I’ll see what I can suggest!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I’ve tried the app and browser. (Safari, firefox).

@Southersbill -

Thanks for the reply! 

Since none of those worked, take a look at this support article. Make sure your account isn’t disabled from suspected fraudulent activity, and from a chargeback. 

Let me know how this goes!

/B

Billy-JSpotify Star

none of that works of helps. My wife is also linked on the account, so if my account is now in limbo how can we stop payment? We tried to start me a new account and have the account she has send me a link to join but she doesn’t have that option since I was the one who actually sent the request to her and all the payment info was linked under my account. Its weird that she can still see my playlists and screen name but I cannot access the account under the email that was used for the account.
So what do we do to start a new account and payment info and all?

@Southersbill -

Thanks for the reply! Since none of this is working, I would then recommend to create a new account. 

If you have already paid for Premium before your account disappeared, and it’s been 14 or less days, you can read the Refund policy, to get a refund. 

Let me know if you are stuck on creating a new account, or having issues with payment. 

Hope this helps!

/B

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts