playback issues on the premium account

playback issues on the premium account

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

we can’t seem to play music on multiple devices at the same time ?

7 Replies

Hey @finandsavy! This has to do with the way that Spotify is licensed. A Spotify subscription is intended for use by a single individual (family premium being an exception). As a result of this, you are restricted to having only one streaming device at a time on your account. 

Thanks !
How do we upgrade ?

You would have to create multiple Spotify accounts, one for each device you plan to stream at the same time. Check if you meet the criteria for the Family Premium Subscription as that would save you a fair amount of money, depending on how many devices you have. You can find information about Family Premium here!

Hi Landon,
Thanks for your help! I looked at the family premium account info - and its 14.99 a month
We already pay 14.99 a month - so how do we add the family premium plan then?

Thanks for your help

You should be able to hit "get started" and it will take you through the process of changing your subscription from Premium to Family Premium, and adjust pricing appropriately. 

You can also check to see your subscription status here to see if your account is managed by another service, and the monthly rate.

Hi Landon
I looked on my account and we already have Family Premium .. but my wife and I can’t play on 2 different devices at the same time ?

No worries! Either you or your wife have to create a new account, and then whoever utilizes the current account (the one that you are paying for now) will have to send an invitation to the new account to add them to your family plan, allowing that account to have premium as well!

Suggested posts