Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

profile icon

Solved!

profile icon

how do i change the icon for my profile.  Cant seem to find it anywhere?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Are you talking about your icon on your Spotify profile? 

The only way to change it is to connect your account to Facebook and it will pull in your Facebook profile picture. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Is this in the Spotify client or the community?

On the community, you can go here to edit it.

Unfortunately I don't think it's possible in Spotify itself. Feel free to submit it as an idea though! Please note however if you care connected to facebook it will just use your profile picture and that will update every time you change it on fb.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||
Marked as solution

Are you talking about your icon on your Spotify profile? 

The only way to change it is to connect your account to Facebook and it will pull in your Facebook profile picture. 

Peter

Peter

Hello everybody!

In my case, I do have connected my Spotify Account to Facebook, but today something weird happened. As you say, if you are connected to Facebook automatically it pulls in your Facebook profile picture on your Spotify profile. The thing is that I have the right Facebook icon and Facebook user name on the top right of Spotify. That's perfect, but when I go to check out my profile in the program, Spotify doesn't show me neither my Facebook icon nor my Facebook user name (It shows just my Spotify user name and with no pic)... That's strange, I never had problems with that.... Any idea? 

Thanks in advance!

David

@Marlow wrote:

Hello everybody!

In my case, I do have connected my Spotify Account to Facebook, but today something weird happened. As you say, if you are connected to Facebook automatically it pulls in your Facebook profile picture on your Spotify profile. The thing is that I have the right Facebook icon and Facebook user name on the top right of Spotify. That's perfect, but when I go to check out my profile in the program, Spotify doesn't show me neither my Facebook icon nor my Facebook user name (It shows just my Spotify user name and with no pic)... That's strange, I never had problems with that.... Any idea? 

Thanks in advance!

David

Interestingly, I updated my Facebook profile picture yesterday and I am getting the same behaviour as you, but mine just displays an old picture but it is correct in the corner of the client. 

Since your Facebook name isn't showing either, I am guessing it is just a temporary caching issue, and your details haven't yet been updated on the Spotify server which generates the profile information. A clean reinstallation of the client might help! 

Peter

Peter

Thanks a lot for the answer Peter!

I've just did a clean reinstallation of the client, but I still have the same problem. I'll wait a little bit more, maybe the Spotify server hasn't updated my profile yet, as you said. 

Thanks a million!

David

Hey there and thanks for your nice message.

If any problems in future, just come back and tell to me. I'm here to help you at any time.

Greetings,
Jyri

Thanks to you Jyri!

Be sure I'll come back if the problem persists! 😉

Greetings,

David

Have a nice day, David!

Hey Spotify!

Why don't you take Facebook's **bleep** out of your mouth?

Sick of all the bull**bleep** FB ass **bleep**ing you do.

Does FB own your ass or something?

rswank - No, they do not.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

That was a rhetorical question.

I've just cancelled my premium membership after 12+ months

Suggested posts