Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 11 Max

Operating System

IOS 14.6

My Question or Issue

I accidentally signed up to Spotify 2 separate times. I used the same email address both times, but because I chose the "hide my email" option the 2nd time, it didn't recognize me as the same person. Now I have one premium account, and one free account. When I log in with the "continue with apple" option, it takes me to the new one (free). If I sign in using my email address & password, it takes me to the premium account. I tried to 'un-hide' my email address through the website but I couldn't figure out how. 

What are my options? Thanks

2 Replies

Update: I deleted the non premium account through the website. Now the only issue is that when I use the "Continue with Apple" option, it says "that username and password combination don't match". I can still login using the email addy & password, but it would be nice to be able to login with the easier continue with apple option. Anybody know how to reset that? 

Hi @user-removed,

Thank you for posting on the Community, and welcome!

In order to link your Premium account to your Apple ID, first you need to make sure your Spotify email address matches the email linked to your Apple ID. More info on how to update your email here.

After that, you can go through the Sign Up process using the option Continue with Apple, and making sure to share your email. Spotify should automatically recognize the existing Premium account and ask if you’d like to link it with Apple.

In this article you can find all the steps and info related to signing up with Apple ID.

Hope this helps. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts