Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify sharing

spotify sharing

Hi,

i have the premium account on my iphone and my wife uses my account on hers - we both utilised offline playlists

anytime after she uses it and then I log on I get a message about how my account has been utilised on another device

is this normal?

I have spotify on my MAC but never logon to it - my question is this - If I buy my wife a nano

will

a) I get spotify on it and utilise offline lists?

b) I have too many devices?

thanks

confused man

16 Replies

That's not normal. Are you definitely logged in on separate accounts? There's no reason why you should get that message as far as I can tell in this case.

And if you get a Nano then you can still use Spotify to sync Local Files but not sync offline playlists unfortunately.

Also, if you ever want to reset your devices and start again just let us know and we'll get it sorted.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Ah ok many thanks - no point getting Nano if she can't listen to the songs offline

I will check for this "other device issue " and send in exact wording next time

cheers

Hi - am I able to check if I have more than one accoutn and if any other devices are using my account?

There's only the one account connected to your email address, but three devices - all iPhones.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

many thanks for your swift replies - I may need to deactivate my old Iphone 3g as i used to use it on there

Is is simply a matter of deleting the app on the old phone? will that bring my muber of devices to two?

If so I may do this and then check again tomorrow with your self that this is the case

Currently we'd have to do this for you on our end. Would you like us to give it a go?

Please note that you'd need to resync any offline playlists on all devices afterwards.

sure that sounds great - I will remove app tonight and send post tomorrow so we can give this a go

Well I can give it a go right now if you want.

no lets wait - I may need offline this evening so dont want to wait an resync!

thanks again though Richard

hi can i see what devices are now on my account  - i keep having to resync all my tunes and it is getting frustrating - should only be 2 iphone4 and an ipad

thanks

@fergalus wrote:

hi can i see what devices are now on my account  - i keep having to resync all my tunes and it is getting frustrating - should only be 2 iphone4 and an ipad

thanks

Would you like me to reset the information on your account? Currently it looks like two iPhones and a Mac.

If I reset the information you'll need to resync your offline playlists across all devices. But it's worth a go.

Please also make sure you're on the latest version of Spotify across all devices. The '3 devices' error message should be fixed in the latest iOS app (v0.5.0)

cheers thanks Richard - so to be clear - I can only utilse 3 devices for offline - the mac counts - I may switch that to offline and use my third licence for my ipad - Brilliant app by the way

thanks

Right now we can't deregister individual devices, so we'd have to do the whole lot at once. Is that still cool?

sure  - i can resync all at home tonight

thanks again

Ok done, I hope that helps.

@fergalus wrote:

i have the premium account on my iphone and my wife uses my account on hers - we both utilised offline playlists

anytime after she uses it and then I log on I get a message about how my account has been utilised on another device

Just to pick up a point from your original post, yes this is normal. You are only really supposed to use a single account for personal use and not share it between different people. Yes you can get around this by offlining playlists on up to three devices and ensuring that only one is online at any one time, but that is against the TOS technically. Spotify have stated that Family plan subscriptions are on their way, which will hopefully be cheaper than two single subscriptions

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Suggested posts