Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

unknown using my account and ways to remove devices

Solved!

unknown using my account and ways to remove devices

Hello,

Today I opened my Spotify client for windows and noticed that music was already playing. It's not a song I know or searched for. Then I noticed 2 new devices connected, one of them being an Ipod Mini which I do not own and was listening to the song, and an unkown Playstation 4. I also noticed 3 new playlists being followed, one of them created in my account by the other person, and other 2 that are colaborative playlists created by someone else (possibly the stranger). Instantly I went to my account and disconnected from all devices and changed my password. I was using Spotify Premium with the normal username + password connection, not through Facebook, even though I had my account linked to it. 

Even with a new password, the unknown person is still able to access my account. The Ipod Mini did dissapear from the list of devices not long after I changed the password, but the PS4 is still using my account. I tried playing some music directly to that device, in which the other person paused and changed the song, which means it still has some control over my usage.

I would like some feedback as soon as possible.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi VintageXP, I suggest you to contact Spotify with the contact form here: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact . They will help you!

If this post was helpful do not hesitate to like it or marks it as a solution.

I'm not a Spotify employe.

Masta_22

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi VintageXP, I suggest you to contact Spotify with the contact form here: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact . They will help you!

If this post was helpful do not hesitate to like it or marks it as a solution.

I'm not a Spotify employe.

Masta_22

I will mark it as a solution as soon as I can get in contact with Spotify itself.

Suggested posts