Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

using abroad

Solved!

using abroad

Hi, just started using spotify and I need to know what needs to be done to use abroad without internet access through my laptop. I have spotify premium. Advice and instructions would be welcome. cheers

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Spotify premium gives you access to Spotify no matter where you are in the world, so you don't need to worry about that as long as you continue to pay for your subscription from your home country whilst you are away. 

In order to get playlists so they are available offline, just go to the playlist in the client and press the slider that says "Available Offline" at the top. Spotify will then download each track of the playlist inside the client so you can play the tracks without an internet connection.

Remember, whilst you are abroad, you need to connect via the internet to the Spotify servers at least once every 30 days to verify your subscription. Failure to do that will make your offline tracks unplayable. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Thinking about it, I think you can probably download the application on most platforms by visiting m.spotify.com in your mobile browser. You have posted in the right place, hopefully some other community members will know! I know you can download the BlackBerry application (thats what I use) from m.spotify.com as well as from the app world. 

I would also drop Spotify support a message using the online contact form as they might be able to give you more detailed information. 

Peter

Peter

View solution in original post

24 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Spotify premium gives you access to Spotify no matter where you are in the world, so you don't need to worry about that as long as you continue to pay for your subscription from your home country whilst you are away. 

In order to get playlists so they are available offline, just go to the playlist in the client and press the slider that says "Available Offline" at the top. Spotify will then download each track of the playlist inside the client so you can play the tracks without an internet connection.

Remember, whilst you are abroad, you need to connect via the internet to the Spotify servers at least once every 30 days to verify your subscription. Failure to do that will make your offline tracks unplayable. 

Peter

Peter

Thanks for your help. John

Hi,

I am studying abroad in Italy in 2 weeks.  If I will be purchasing an Italian go-phone when I am there, can I still listen to my spotify music on that phone?  What steps do I need to take in order to listen to Spotify on an Italian phone?

Thank you!

It depends what type of phone it is? 

If its an iPhone for example, you won't be able to download the Spotify application from the italian app store. I'm not sure about android or other platforms.

Peter

Peter

Thank you for replying.  i am not sure what phone I will have but who should I contact to find out more information?

Thanks!

Marked as solution

Thinking about it, I think you can probably download the application on most platforms by visiting m.spotify.com in your mobile browser. You have posted in the right place, hopefully some other community members will know! I know you can download the BlackBerry application (thats what I use) from m.spotify.com as well as from the app world. 

I would also drop Spotify support a message using the online contact form as they might be able to give you more detailed information. 

Peter

Peter

Thank you!!

Hey! I am a spotify premium customer and I've been travelling around south East Asia for a month or so and suddenly I am being told I can't log in as I can only use spotify for 14 days abroad. On another forum thread I've seen that spotify is. Available in all countries but mine worked fine in Thailand and Cambodia, I am now in Vietnam and have no Access to my account although other people I'm travelling with have full access still. Hope you can help!

You should be able to use Spotify anywhere in the world providing your subscription is still valid. Is your account showing as premium on your overview?
https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Peter

Thanks for the reply! The thing is I'm not even able to log into my account online or my mobile app. On the app it shows a notification saying I can only use spotify for 14 days abroad and when I try and log into my account via spotify website it says spotify isn't available in Vietnam. My account should still be valid as I've done nothing to cancel it or anything.

That was really helpful I saw that my card had expired but when I now click on add paymet method I get directed to a page that says spotify is not available in my country so I can't log in to make a payment

The system must be detecting your IP address is in a country where Spotify isn't available. I would suggest you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and see if they can lend a hand to get you up and running again. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

i live in the uk and i will be travelling to india for four months. i have a premuim subscription. 
will i be able to access my account  for four months?
also, will i be able to listen to all the songs on spotify, or only the ones that i've saved in my playlists?

@malyumkin - You can use your Spotify Premium account online and streaming (as well as offline playlists as normal) no matter where you are in the world for as long as your subscription is still valid (so being paid for from your UK payment method whilst you are away). 

Peter

I am currently in Laos and my 14 day trial is over. I want to subscribe to the premium in order to get my music back and use it on my travels. However evert time i go to subscribe it says that 'spotify is not currently available in your country' but i was using it yesterday. Would be great to know whats going on. Many thanks. Alicia

You will get that error message if you are trying to subscribe from an IP address in a country where Spotify is not available. If you have a payment method from a country where Spotify is available, you should be able to use that to subscribe but you may need to use a VPN or proxy to trick the system into thinking you are at "home".

Peter

Hi, I have spotify premium and I am abroad right now but It has logged out of my account on my iPhone and iPod. Whenever I try to log in it says I can't because I have been abroad for over 14days. But I can long in to my account via safari and it says that my payment for August has been taken. Is there anything that can be done as I really miss my playlists 😭

Hi i was in mexico when i got spotify and now im in usa and it says that i cant use spotify because the abroad thing and what can i do because i live in usa do i have to make a new account? Because i dont want to lose all my songs thank you.

Suggested posts