Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

2 second break at the end of every track with BT

2 second break at the end of every track with BT

I have been streaming Spotify music to my car stereo for about 9 months now, mostly without problems. Since the last update to 4.5.0.820 however, there is a break of about 2 seconds nearly at the end of every track. It's mostly during fade out of the original music, about 5-7 seconds before the end. I have the cross fade off and playing without pause on. This has never happened before the last update. 

I already deleted app cache and all settings, this didn't help. After that I completely wiped cache and app in Android App maintenance, restarted and reinstalled the app, to no avail. Problem persists. I tried to replicate it at home with a BT speaker and wired headphones. If you manually skip to the last 30 seconds of a song, it doesn't seem to happen. Only when you play the whole song. It also seems to be only when playing to BT, but I'm not sure of that. 

All in all it is quite annoying, especially with songs which don't have a real fade out. The break causes a real shock everytime you hear it. 

I hope you can share any ideas on this and provide a solution. 

General Mobile GM5 plus
Stock Android 7.1.1
Samsung Galaxy Tab s2 9.7
Stock Android 6.0.1
5 Replies

Yes, this is amongst the several problems I've been having since the last update.

I've tried turning on the cross-fade, turning off the crossfade, nothing helps. Big two second gap toward the end of every track, approximately five seconds before the end.

Really annoying.

I also tried cross fade but it didn't help. Anyone else recognizing this bug?
General Mobile GM5 plus
Stock Android 7.1.1
Stock Android 6.0.1

Last week it also happened with wired headphones, but it seems not to happen with every song. 

General Mobile GM5 plus
Stock Android 7.1.1
Stock Android 6.0.1

Have been driving my other car with a JVC head unit for a couple of days now and I'm having the same problem here. Note that I always stream Spotify, no offline playlist are used. 

Does anyone @ Spotify have any idea? 

General Mobile GM5 plus
Stock Android 7.1.1
Stock Android 6.0.1

When do you have the decency to respond here, Spotify?
General Mobile GM5 plus
Stock Android 7.1.1
Stock Android 6.0.1

Suggested posts