Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Is it possible to play a Spotify playlist with Google Now

I like using google now and would find it very convenient to play a playlist via this method.Is this possible?I use it all the time to play a random song that pops into my head but ultimatly then have to use my hands to go back to my playlists that i...

• Music Fan
  • I like using google now and would find it very convenient to play a playlist via this method. Is this possible? I use it all the time to play a random song that pops into my head but ultimatly...
  • justusiv
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Play Song Using "OK Google" on Moto 360 When Phone Screen is Locked

I recently purchased a Moto 360 watch and have been trying to use the Spotify app on it. I am able to use the spotify button controls and launch the app that is installed on the moto 360, but when I try to play a song using the OK Google voice search...

• Regular
  • I recently purchased a Moto 360 watch and have been trying to use the Spotify app on it. I am able to use the spotify button controls and launch the app that is installed on the moto 360, but when I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • android wear
    moto360
    Nexus 5
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong spotify upgrade

I upgraded my account to spotify while logged into my normal spotify account that I consistently used bearing in mind I somehow have another account which i am completely inactive on. When I subscribed to premium and pay I see that it updated the ina...

• I upgraded my account to spotify while logged into my normal spotify account that I consistently used bearing in mind I somehow have another account which i am completely inactive on. When I subscrib...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Spotify - SENT PREMIUM PAYMENT TO WRONG ACCOUNT
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Using Spotify through Arcam docking station

Hi, would appreciate some help please. Apologies in advance as I am not exactly techno competent. I am using a 4th generation ipod touch on a drArcam docking station which is connected into my hifi system. I am controlling the ipod with my Samsung S5...

• Hi, would appreciate some help please. Apologies in advance as I am not exactly techno competent. I am using a 4th generation ipod touch on a drArcam docking station which is connected into my hifi s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist hit area overlap, cant queue songs

Hello, Not entirely too sure if this is the correct place to post a bug. Bug: Cannot queue song in android on a large playlist. Steps to reproduce:Open a playlist that needs to scrollTry clicking on the three dot hamburger type menu to access add to ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   Not entirely too sure if this is the correct place to post a bug.   Bug:  Cannot queue song in android on a large playlist.   Steps to reproduce: Open a playlist ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Lost all saved music.

Im not sure what happened but when i went to use my spotify today, all my saved songs/albums/ and Playlist were gone. I never have to log into it, its always logged in but today i did. I was able to recover my playlist but is their anything i can do ...

• Im not sure what happened but when i went to use my spotify today, all my saved songs/albums/ and Playlist were gone. I never have to log into it, its always logged in but today i did. I was able to ...
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Fcbk accnt-username accnt

I created an account through facebook, now I want to switch it over to a user account without losing my playlists & premium account.Suggestions please.

• Visitor
  • I created an account through facebook, now I want to switch it over to a user account without losing my playlists & premium account. Suggestions please.
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Weird Bug

Hello, I've been using spotify for a few weeks now. I have this issue where when I lock the screen of my phone, the current song changes to a random one. It doesn't always occur, and I can unlock the screen back, change the song back to the one I sel...

• Hello, I've been using spotify for a few weeks now. I have this issue where when I lock the screen of my phone, the current song changes to a random one. It doesn't always occur, and I can unlock the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

new songs and artists

I love the song (i dont want to loose your love tonight ) or here more garth Brooks and songs like when doves cry from the movie romeo and julet (Leonardo dicaprio version ) more music. Send an email out to everyone asking what songs to add this mont...

• I love the song (i dont want to loose your love tonight ) or here more garth Brooks and songs like when doves cry from the movie romeo and julet (Leonardo dicaprio version ) more music. Send an email...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Login from a different country

I'm from the Philippines, but moved to Qatar for work. I got logged out of Viber, and could no longer log back in because of this thread's subject. I tried changing my location country, but Qatar is not listed in your website. So, what now? No Viber ...

• I'm from the Philippines, but moved to Qatar for work. I got logged out of Viber, and could no longer log back in because of this thread's subject. I tried changing my location country, but Qatar is ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Different country
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify premium not working!!

Why is my spotify not working!!! It opens... black screen... then closes!! Useless

• Casual Listener
  • Why is my spotify not working!!! It opens... black screen... then closes!! Useless
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

sharing music on Facebook from my htc evo

Can I share music to facebook from my HTC EVO ? I have the premium app.....

• Can I share music to facebook from my HTC EVO ? I have the premium app.....
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

7 inch Tablet only plays shuffled songs

I have a 7 inch Nexus 7 2013 tablet and whenever I try to play an individual song the song doesn’t play and the shuffle button 'blinks' twice, only when I press shuffle will the music play... Has Spotify changed their policy towards 7 inch tablets? C...

• Visitor
  • I have a 7 inch Nexus 7 2013 tablet and whenever I try to play an individual song the song doesn’t play and the shuffle button 'blinks' twice, only when I press shuffle will the music play....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Andriod - Can't rearrange songs in playlist

I have an android phone, I've had premium for 2 months now and I still cant figure out how to rearrange songs in a playlist that I've created.. is this available for android? I've tried everything.

• I have an android phone, I've had premium for 2 months now and I still cant figure out how to rearrange songs in a playlist that I've created.. is this available for android? I've tried everything.
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume inconsistent

No matter what Android device I play from, the volume lowers and rises of its own accord. I have 6 different devices and it does the same thing on average 5-6 times per playback. No issues at all on my desktop or laptops. Very annoying.

• No matter what Android device I play from, the volume lowers and rises of its own accord. I have 6 different devices and it does the same thing on average 5-6 times per playback. No issues at all on ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Some songs downloading over network with option turned off.

I'm new to spotify and while I'm not on Wi-Fi I'm saving music to download when I can connect. In my options I have the options to download over cell network turned off(gray). When I start saving songs(in same album even) I'll get the gray download i...

• I'm new to spotify and while I'm not on Wi-Fi I'm saving music to download when I can connect. In my options I have the options to download over cell network turned off(gray). When I start saving son...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playing whole album immediately

Hi, I recently got premium and decided to install the android app. However, I can't figure out for the life of me how to play a whole album immediately. I can add it to queue, but if I decide partway through my queue that I'd rather listen to a diffe...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I recently got premium and decided to install the android app. However, I can't figure out for the life of me how to play a whole album immediately. I can add it to queue, but if I decide partway...
  • Mister_Sherman
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Another day, another bug: Offline music uninstalled.

Another day with Spotify on Android, another bug to waste my time. This has happened a couple of times in my year of premium : all albums downloaded and saved for offline listening have been switched to 'off' and so I have to manually reset the slide...

• Roadie
  • Another day with Spotify on Android, another bug to waste my time.   This has happened a couple of times in my year of premium :  all albums downloaded and saved for offline listening&nbs...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung Galaxy S5 Close All Apps

Hi guys, I just replaced my galaxy s5 with another one through insurance and I noticed that when I close all apps, spotify stops playing. On my old phone, spotify (and soundcloud) would still keep playing music even when I close all apps. Now only so...

• Regular
  • Hi guys, I just replaced my galaxy s5 with another one through insurance and I noticed that when I close all apps, spotify stops playing. On my old phone, spotify (and soundcloud) would still keep p...
  • fredrikhans
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes