Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs starting without eq

When i play a song on spotify it starts for a split second without eq and on max volume, known issue?Samsung s4 active

• When i play a song on spotify it starts for a split second without eq and on max volume, known issue? Samsung s4 active
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable To Search

Since the last update I have been unable to input the letters into the search field to look up new music. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared cache, etc.. Still cannot search. Not sure what else I can do

• Since the last update I have been unable to input the letters into the search field to look up new music. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared cache, etc.. Still cannot search. Not sure what else...
  • Steph_B
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Search
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

EQ Malfunction on android app

I am expierncing a issue with the Spotify app on android my system is configured as follows Device: ONE Plus: OneAndroid Version: 5.1.1Spotify App version:4.4.0.1008 all internal and external EQ's are turned offvolume leveling has been turned offissu...

• I am expierncing a issue with the Spotify app on android my system is configured as follows   Device: ONE Plus: One Android Version: 5.1.1 Spotify App version:4.4.0.1008   all interna...
  • Steph_B
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

doesn't stop

When i recieve a call musoc doesn't stop and make later can't be paused

• When i recieve a call musoc doesn't stop and make later can't be paused
  • Steph_B
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Surround Sound Glitch - Nexus 5

There is a glitch with the 'Surround Sound' equlizer setting on the Nexus 5. When I enable it I'm getting a lot of background noise, which sounds like static i.e. harsh pop and crackle. This only occurs when the surround sound setting is enabled and ...

• Music Fan
  • There is a glitch with the 'Surround Sound' equlizer setting on the Nexus 5.   When I enable it I'm getting a lot of background noise, which sounds like static i.e. harsh pop and crackle. &nb...
  • Steph_B
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

lg g4 saying its downloaded music and it never does.

I try to download all the music on my account and it never saves anything it supposedly downloaded. It says its downloaded 140 of 1500 songs and I stop the download and none of them were saved to my phone. I have plenty of memory.

• I try to download all the music on my account and it never saves anything it supposedly downloaded. It says its downloaded 140 of 1500 songs and I stop the download and none of them were saved to my ...
  • Steph_B
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Every so often, spotify will log me off and then when I log back on, it will show none of my offline music available. I would then go to the settings and delete all spotify data and then log in again. Then I would move the spotify folder to my sd car...

• Every so often, spotify will log me off and then when I log back on, it will show none of my offline music available. I would then go to the settings and delete all spotify data and then log in again...
  • Steph_B
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bluetooth Device Doesn'T Work

Hi, I have a bluetooth headset paired to my Galaxy S4 phone but Spotify does not pick it up a as a device to connect to. Any reliable suggestions? Thanks!

• Hi, I have a bluetooth headset paired to my Galaxy S4 phone but Spotify does not pick it up a as a device to connect to. Any reliable suggestions? Thanks!
  • Steph_B
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stutters/pauses occasionally

I've been using Spotify premium for more than a year now and I have been able to stream music online and downloaded for the past 2 months on my Galaxy S4. Last week I started to notice Spotify was stuttering randomly In between songs. It usually stut...

• I've been using Spotify premium for more than a year now and I have been able to stream music online and downloaded for the past 2 months on my Galaxy S4. Last week I started to notice Spotify was st...
  • aodhokeady
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Fix bugs for Android App

Spotify premium is a rip off if you have an Android phone. The app is unresponsive and takes forever to load. If it is not fixed soon you will continue to lose customers, this is not a threat, it's a fact.

• Spotify premium is a rip off if you have an Android phone. The app is unresponsive and takes forever to load. If it is not fixed soon you will continue to lose customers, this is not a threat, it's a...
  • James
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • problem with app speed for android
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant login anymore

Hi all,I got a bit of a weird problem. I logged out on my phone and can't get back because the password is incorrect. But I still can play my premium account on my playstation, now I want to make a new password but it says that I need to login with m...

• Visitor
  • Hi all, I got a bit of a weird problem. I logged out on my phone and can't get back because the password is incorrect. But I still can play my premium account on my playstation, now I want to make...
  • James
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist play mode

In my version playlists only can be played in 'shuffle'. May I play it in the order I've created it?

• Regular
  • In my version playlists only can be played in 'shuffle'. May I play it in the order I've created it?
  • Tingapio1
  • Regular
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Play
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Horrible Shuffle Play

Sorry, I know this is in another thread. I'm cancelling my premium subscription. Just fed up with fighting against shuffle play.I just wanted to select an album and play through it in sequence.This is the most obvious action, and what everyone I know...

• Sorry, I know this is in another thread. I'm cancelling my premium subscription. Just fed up with fighting against shuffle play.I just wanted to select an album and play through it in sequence. This...
  • djmikeystrange
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Shuffle play
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Reset account

Hi, can I reset my spotify account so all my recent numbers dissapear?I already tried to delete them one by one but they come back. thanks.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, can I reset my spotify account so all my recent numbers dissapear? I already tried to delete them one by one but they come back.   thanks.
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! FEATURE REQUEST - Searchable playlists

Hey!First of all, I love your app!! But unfortunately one thing is missing to get the maximum experience of the premium account.So my userstory is: As a user I would like to be able to search my playlists via search field to be able to listen to a sp...

• Hey! First of all, I love your app!! But unfortunately one thing is missing to get the maximum experience of the premium account. So my userstory is: As a user I would like to be able to search my ...
  • djmikeystrange
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local files (Probably answered before)

Hi guys, I have a question that has probably been answered before but whatever! The question is... Can I add local files from my sd card to my playlists on my samsung galaxy s5? Or is the only way the network way? Because I want to keep some music se...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys, I have a question that has probably been answered before but whatever! The question is... Can I add local files from my sd card to my playlists on my samsung galaxy s5? Or is the only way th...
  • SatansApostle89
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify closes when I am on other apps

Whenever I press the home button on my phone or go into another app, Spotify just closes and stops playing music. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it still happens. I don't know what to do. I have a LG Escape 2.

• Whenever I press the home button on my phone or go into another app, Spotify just closes and stops playing music. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it still happens. I don't know what to d...
  • rloveman
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • crashing
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Why do disliked songs...

...come back on "radio"?I have premium and it is f... annoying

• ...come back on "radio"? I have premium and it is f... annoying
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Not Sound

sometimes no sound at all. the song is playing but no sound. why? My phone: Sony Xperia Z5.

• Casual Listener
  • sometimes no sound at all. the song is playing but no sound. why? My phone: Sony Xperia Z5.
  • sihhiyekoprusu
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Fido spotify

Hi I just got my code from fido hub to get free spotify but I don't know where to enter the code?? Can someone help me please

• Hi I just got my code from fido hub to get free spotify but I don't know where to enter the code?? Can someone help me please
  • jean3601
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes