Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

3333 limit with own mp3s?

3333 limit with own mp3s?

Hi, if i have 3333 songs of spotify synced to my android phone, can i add own mp3s or is this also not possible?

Peter

Using Spotify on Thinkpad Yoga, Iphone 6Plus, Ipad Mini 2, Playstation 3 & 4
13 Replies

Hey there!!!

There is no limit in local files. But if you want to download using your nice Premium stuff to Offline playlist, you have 3,333 track limit for that Offline use need. You still can stream as much as you want when you go Online. ๐Ÿ™‚

Local tracks are not included to this limit. Only limit might be amount of size in your phone. Maybe your memory card is too little to handle all your local tracks, but this is not problem actually when you can stream many tracks from Spotify servers -> less need for transfer mp3 files.

Currently there is no option for Local files in Android, however you can get those just by making playlist using Desktop app from local files (you may need to update it if you add some songs later) and then make it available offline. Then, over wifi, Spotify magically sync local tracks to your lovely phone and you can listen those tracks then from playlist. You can name it for example "Local files". If there is no Wifi, just use USB cable for transfering.

Cheers!

How do i transfer with USB?

Peter

Hey there!

Just connect your phone using USB to your computer. Then open Spotify app in your PC and see your phone in Devices.

android.png

Then, just make a playlist from local files and mark it as Offline here. Wait then when Spotify will transfer it into your phone memory.

Any questions, just ask. I help. ๐Ÿ™‚

A slight slip up there. Local files can't be transferred to the mobile app over USB cable. Just make sure that your computer and mobile are sharing the same wi-fi network (best with computer not connected by cable). Then run Spotify on both. Any tracks in playlists made available offline on your mobile should sync over wi-fi.

Copypaste local tracks to phone and works like a charm. ๐Ÿ™‚

so if i have a pc without wifi i cannot sync songs to the android?

Peter

You can.

Just add local tracks as mp3 by copy paste from msuic folder to your phone, then just make those tracks available as Playlist in Spotify. ๐Ÿ™‚

i thought this is not possible with the new android version

Peter

Hp - how do you to d and play in spotify mp3 files stored on your phones memory already. I'm with Jude and don't think this is possible in the current version of the app but let us know if we're wrong
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Worked for me at least this way. ๐Ÿ™‚

I can add a playlist at my phone but i cannot add mp3s which are located on the phone

Peter

You can do this in your desktop app. ๐Ÿ™‚

I sync now with my pc but some songs have a small green arrow and some dont what is the difference?2012-11-22 20.13.57.png

Peter

Suggested posts