Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotif crashes, have to download all playlists again

I downloaded about 1500 songs in my playlists to my sdcard on Android. Today, the app crashed. When I started it again, all playlists indicated that they're not downloaded, even though the files are still on the SD card! Now I have to download all so...

• I downloaded about 1500 songs in my playlists to my sdcard on Android. Today, the app crashed. When I started it again, all playlists indicated that they're not downloaded, even though the files are ...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Android app wont play any songs

I have a premium account, the desktop application works perfectly fine but for some reason the app of my htc will not play any song at all.

• Casual Listener
  • I have a premium account, the desktop application works perfectly fine but for some reason the app of my htc will not play any song at all.
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Premium with two android devices: one downloading playlists, one not

I've got Spotify Premium on two Android devices (Galaxy S3 phone and a Nexus 7 tablet). The phone has loads of memory and I use it in the car, so I have downloaded all my playlists on to the handset. But I just want to be able to stream through the N...

• Casual Listener
  • I've got Spotify Premium on two Android devices (Galaxy S3 phone and a Nexus 7 tablet). The phone has loads of memory and I use it in the car, so I have downloaded all my playlists on to the handset....
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No 'Radio' Option for Spotify Mobile?

one of my favorite things to do (especially at work) is to listen to spotify, however i dont always have time to pull out my phone and find the song i wanna listen to. Which is why i love the randomness of pandora (for that ONE reason only)im paying ...

• Casual Listener
  • one of my favorite things to do (especially at work) is to listen to spotify, however i dont always have time to pull out my phone and find the song i wanna listen to. Which is why i love the randomn...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 15 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 4 likes

Spotify Radio Features?

Hi, I'm in the market for a better replacement for Pandora (feels like there are no songs and always repeating) and Grooveshark (500 copies of the same song in an album is obnoxious, I just want to listen to the album without having to manually gut i...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I'm in the market for a better replacement for Pandora (feels like there are no songs and always repeating) and Grooveshark (500 copies of the same song in an album is obnoxious, I just ...
  • Sam
  • Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Where is Radio feature for Android?

I am trying to be optimistic and polite but the way we Android users are treated, my patience has worn off. What really did the developers think when they decided to release the Radio for ios apps but not Android users? They really should have though...

• Music Fan
  • I am trying to be optimistic and polite but the way we Android users are treated, my patience has worn off. What really did the developers think when they decided to release the Radio for ios apps bu...
  • Sam
  • Spotify
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Spotify cuts out when switching internet connectivity.

=== START OF TEMPLATE === Description Replace this with a short description of the issue you're experiencing. Sometimes, when I listen to spotify on my android and switch from wifi - HSDPA, it cuts out. A more detailed description, using numbered ste...

• Community Legend
  •  === START OF TEMPLATE ===   Description Replace this with a short description of the issue you're experiencing.   Sometimes, when I listen to spotify on my android and switc...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

suddenly not possible to play playlists on my mobilphone any longer

Hi there could anybody please help ...4 days ago suddenly i could no longer play my playlists on my mobilephone ...actually now i can play 3 of them ...which appears to be downloaded on the phone ..but the rest of my lists i can suddenly one play one...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there could anybody please help ...4 days ago suddenly i could no longer play my playlists on my mobilephone ...actually now i can play 3 of them ...which appears to be downloaded on the phone ..b...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No tracks are available for streaming

Hi, I just upgraded to a spotify premium account, but I cannot stream anything to my mobile phone (a MytouchQ 4G). I find music but all tracks are grayed out, and I get a 'This track is not available" message when I click anything. My phone is online...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I just upgraded to a spotify premium account, but I cannot stream anything to my mobile phone (a MytouchQ 4G).  I find music but all tracks are grayed out, and I get a 'This track is not a...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify premium, yet all tracks are unavailable

I just signed up for spotify premium, as well as a 30-day trial, but on my droid the songs all still say theyre 'unavailable'. Any ideas? When I check my account it says I'm an active spotify premium subscriber...

• I just signed up for spotify premium, as well as a 30-day trial, but on my droid the songs all still say theyre 'unavailable'. Any ideas? When I check my account it says I'm an active spotify premium...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

purchased premium subscription on lg lucid, songs still greyed out

I downloaded fhe app for the free 48 hours. then I purchased the premium subscription. I have logged in and out of both Facebook login and the spotify login. I have signed out, shut down, turned on, and logged back in. I have .o idea what has happene...

• Casual Listener
  • I downloaded fhe app for the free 48 hours. then I purchased the premium subscription. I have logged in and out of both Facebook login and the spotify login. I have signed out, shut down, turned o...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! HELP PLEASE Spotify Premium downgraded out of the blue to spotify free

Ive been paying for spotify since april and havent had a problem but last night my android wouldnt play anything. I went on the website today to find that my account is a spotify free account, according to the website. There are also no reciepts of t...

• Casual Listener
  • Ive been paying for spotify since april and havent had a problem but last night my android wouldnt play anything. I went on the website today to find that my account is a spotify free account, accord...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

HELP!

does spotify mobile ap work on samsung exhibit 4G?

• does spotify mobile ap work on samsung exhibit 4G?
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Why is Spotify Android support so bad?

Like the subject says... Why is Spotify Android support so bad? By that I don't mean the Android application but actual support here in the community (some might argue the app is also bad, but that's a whole different discussion). Lets look at some s...

• Community Legend
  • Like the subject says... Why is Spotify Android support so bad? By that I don't mean the Android application but actual support here in the community (some might argue the app is also bad, but that...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 14 replies
  • 22 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 22 likes

Solved!! Ways to Sync local music to phone besides wifi

Hello, I consider myself fairly tech savvy and I know people will agree with me on this. It is ridiculous that users cannot sync local files through another method besides wifi. I'm a paying customer with a premium account and find it very frustratin...

• Hello,   I consider myself fairly tech savvy and I know people will agree with me on this.  It is ridiculous that users cannot sync local files through another method besides wifi.&nbsp...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cannot Listen to Local Files on my Mobile

I will try to be as detailed as possible as this has been eluding me all day and I have gone through all of the help material I can find. I have a Motorola Triumph from Android Gingerbread with Spotify Premium. I also have Windows 7 with Spotify down...

• Casual Listener
  • I will try to be as detailed as possible as this has been eluding me all day and I have gone through all of the help material I can find.   I have a Motorola Triumph from Android Gingerbread w...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 29 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 29 replies
  • 1 likes

Trouble with the latest release? Let us know.

Something not working with the Spotify app after a new release? Please give us your feedback! There are two parts to identifying, solving and forwarding issues. Please follow the below troubleshooting steps to see if you can resolve the issue on your...

• Spotify Legend
  • Something not working with the Spotify app after a new release? Please give us your feedback!   There are two parts to identifying, solving and forwarding issues.   Please follow ...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 153 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 153 replies
  • 1 likes

can't download playlists

I've got plenty of space in my mobile phone to download the playlist but it wont. Of course I've got Premium. How can I make them download them again?

• I've got plenty of space in my mobile phone to download the playlist but it wont. Of course I've got Premium. How can I make them download them again?
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Blank playlists - samsung galaxy S3

I've just installed Spotify on my new Samsung Galaxy S3. I can see all my playlists, but when I go into them they are all blank and I don't see any tracks. This also happens on any new playlists I create. The only playlists that work, where I can see...

• Regular
  • I've just installed Spotify on my new Samsung Galaxy S3. I can see all my playlists, but when I go into them they are all blank and I don't see any tracks. This also happens on any new playlists I cr...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't get out of offline.

Even if I have my mobile connected trough wi-fi, it still says offline mode. And no, I have not marked off for offline modus in the option. (had to forcely shut down spotify and relog to get back in "online mode")This program is becoming worse and wo...

• Music Fan
  • Even if I have my mobile connected trough wi-fi, it still says offline mode. And no, I have not marked off for offline modus in the option. (had to forcely shut down spotify and relog to get back in ...
  • alyssalgutierro
  • 20 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 1 likes