Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Android app

Ok so new to all things android, I decided to choose spotify as a number of psosts said it supports choosing the download save point on my tablet, yet i cant see any option in settings, now I am only free premium at present and just wondered is their...

• Ok so new to all things android, I decided to choose spotify as a number of psosts said it supports choosing the download save point on my tablet, yet i cant see any option in settings, now I am only...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

The new app

On the old app, you can play from the library so you wold play from every playlist on your spotify, you cant do that on the new app, why is that? Get that funktion back pleas.

• Casual Listener
  • On the old app, you can play from the library so you wold play from every playlist on your spotify, you cant do that on the new app, why is that? Get that funktion back pleas.
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Nothing showing up in friends list

There is not a single friend that shows up when I click on that option from the Menu. I am logged in using my Facebook credentials.

• There is not a single friend that shows up when I click on that option from the Menu.  I am logged in using my Facebook credentials.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Not playing anything / Spotify Premium + HTC OneX

Hey there, using the latest app version on a htc sense onex - and it shows all titles and playlists but never even offers to play them, doesn´t download playlists either and doesn´t show any way to switch to online modus (problem is the same no matte...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey there,   using the latest app version on a htc sense onex - and it shows all titles and playlists but never even offers to play them, doesn´t download playlists either and doesn´t show a...
  • thatssoveryme
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify 0.5.0 crashes on Galaxy Nexus

Spotify 0.5.0 is rendered useless on my Galaxy Nexus running Android ICS 4.0.2. Everytime I try to access a playlist it shuts down/crashes. No errormessage is displayed. Can i get the old spotify version back until they have fixed this ridiculous pro...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify 0.5.0 is rendered useless on my Galaxy Nexus running Android ICS 4.0.2. Everytime I try to access a playlist it shuts down/crashes. No errormessage is displayed. Can i get the old spotify ver...
  • Ndre
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Yesterday's update fixed some of my problems but...

Since yesterday's update Spotify has become usable again for me and I've been able to sync my songs too but there's one problem. The app feels very sluggish and laggy. This is something the dev team needs to work on. Also another thing that caught my...

• Music Fan
  • Since yesterday's update Spotify has become usable again for me and I've been able to sync my songs too but there's one problem. The app feels very sluggish and laggy. This is something the dev team ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with skipping songs in new Android app

I am using the new Spotify Android app on my Samsung Galaxy S Plus. The app looks great and has a much better interface than previous versions. However, I do have an annoying problem. I often put a playlist in 'shuffle'-mode, and when I'm finished li...

• Music Fan
  • I am using the new Spotify Android app on my Samsung Galaxy S Plus. The app looks great and has a much better interface than previous versions.   However, I do have an annoying problem. I of...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to sync my Android (Samsung Galaxy S2) with my Spotify desktop

Hi there, I've just purchased Spotify Premium and been struggling in hours now to sync my Spotify with my Android smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S2) within the same WiFi at home. I've followed the instructions step by step as described on the link below:...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, I've just purchased Spotify Premium and been struggling in hours now to sync my Spotify with my Android smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S2) within the same WiFi at home. I've followed the inst...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

HTC Droid Incredible Not Loading Spotify

Just installed Spotify on a HTC Droid Incredible. When I try to open the app it just shows a black screen. Is there a fix for this?

• Regular
  • Just installed Spotify on a HTC Droid Incredible. When I try to open the app it just shows a black screen. Is there a fix for this?  
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Preview app - crash on loss of network signal

Anyone else finding this? Was listening to Spotify on my commute home last night. Apotify itself was online, but I was listening to tracks in a playlist I have sync'd for offline listening. My journey goes through numerous dead-spots - under bridges ...

• Community Legend
  • Anyone else finding this?   Was listening to Spotify on my commute home last night. Apotify itself was online, but I was listening to tracks in a playlist I have sync'd for offline listening.&...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

second song no sound

When playing a playlist only the first song is played. After this is seems to pause the second song and when I hit the play-button it seems to play but without sound. Hitting next and then previous button makes the sound return but that's not a worka...

• Casual Listener
  • When playing a playlist only the first song is played. After this is seems to pause the second song and when I hit the play-button it seems to play but without sound. Hitting next and then previous b...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot see alubm name in play lists in new ICS app.

Generally I add all the songs from each artist I listen to into one playlist; for example, I have a play list called "Dave Matthew Band" which has their entire discography, but now with the new ICS app, I cannot tell what songs are in what album, and...

• Generally I add all the songs from each artist I listen to into one playlist; for example, I have a play list called "Dave Matthew Band" which has their entire discography, but now with the new ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Activities are started again and again, although they are active

Hi, I have a little bug in my Android Application: Whenever I start an Activity - let's say the playlist - it starts the Activity immediately, without checking, if the Activity is still active but non focused (though it also works, if focused, so abs...

• Hi,   I have a little bug in my Android Application: Whenever I start an Activity - let's say the playlist - it starts the Activity immediately, without checking, if the Activity i...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Broken Android App

I used the Android Preview since its release. I didn't have any problems with the Preview version. I updated to the official Spotify app in the Google Play store and now I'm having problems listening to my music. If I choose a playlist, the app plays...

• Music Fan
  • I used the Android Preview since its release.  I didn't have any problems with the Preview version.  I updated to the official Spotify app in the Google Play store and now I'm having proble...
  • shawnrudd
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

No one told me about the SD card

After days of going through these forums and trying various troubleshooting steps and new Preview version and all I simply inserted a microSD card on my phone as it did not have one - and my app started to work. I inserted it so that I can load more ...

• Casual Listener
  •   After days of going through these forums and trying various troubleshooting steps and new Preview version and all I simply inserted a microSD card on my phone as it did not have one - and my ...
  • kericson
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Cant login with new app

I updated my android app today, but after installing, it wont let me see the facebook loging screen. When i try to use spotify login screen it just gets stuck on "logging in", after i enter my details. Tried reinstalling and clearing data, but to no ...

• Casual Listener
  • I updated my android app today, but after installing, it wont let me see the facebook loging screen. When i try to use spotify login screen it just gets stuck on "logging in", after i enter my detail...
  • Woody78
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Soundrop for Android

Hi Folks, I'm in Australia and love Soundrop via Spotify. Trouble is I want it on my Asus Converter and I can get it! I've seen poting suggesting that Soundrop is on the Android MArket as a standalone app, may not for Australia. Does anyone have a su...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Folks,  I'm in Australia and love Soundrop via Spotify. Trouble is I want it on my Asus Converter and I can get it! I've seen poting suggesting that Soundrop is on the Android MArket as a sta...
  • Afront
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

paid for premium but havent got it

I have bought premium (june 5th), but now the app and my user at the computer tells me that i havent premium. And i cant see my receipts, there is only this Error 500 - Internal server error. Can you help me getting premium to my phone?

• I have bought premium (june 5th), but now the app and my user at the computer tells me that i havent premium. And i cant see my receipts, there is only this  Error 500 - Internal server error....
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Droid Bionic not showing up under "Devices" for wireless sync.

Hi all, My Bionic used to show up wirelessly and I've been able to sync properly, but as of the latest update, it doesn't show up at all. I've force closed, uninstalled, re-installed both mobile and desktop client, I'm on the same wireless network an...

• Hi all,   My Bionic used to show up wirelessly and I've been able to sync properly, but as of the latest update, it doesn't show up at all. I've force closed, uninstalled, re-installed both ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bluetooth and Spotify

Hello all. I connect my HTC One S with the stock stereo system in my 2010 Mazda 3 via bluetooth, and I listen to music on Spotify in my car via that bluetooth connection. Previous to this latest update, there were no issues with Spotify. However, now...

• Hello all.  I connect my HTC One S with the stock stereo system in my 2010 Mazda 3 via bluetooth, and I listen to music on Spotify in my car via that bluetooth connection.  Previous to this...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes