Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Android offline playlists incomplete

I've setup a few offline playlists on my ICS Samsung Galaxy S2 but when I sync I only get 50% of the songs downloaded (denoted by the green icon). I'm using the beta version of the app and I only tried this because the one from the play store was rea...

• Regular
  • I've setup a few offline playlists on my ICS Samsung Galaxy S2 but when I sync I only get 50% of the songs downloaded (denoted by the green icon).  I'm using the beta version of the app and I on...
  • Arjan
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Consider TuneWiki as an alternative to Android App

Since the release of the "new" Android Spotify app, and the lose of putting my MP3's on my SDcard, I've been looking for a service that plays my MP3 on my Android Galaxy. Consider TuneWiki: It plays MP3 and WMA's on your SDcard, has good genre radios...

• Visitor
  • Since the release of the "new" Android Spotify app, and the lose of putting my MP3's on my SDcard, I've been looking for a service that plays my MP3 on my Android Galaxy.   Consider TuneWiki...
  • Boomer1699
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Volume discrepencies between Albums

Morning. I have HTC DESIRE HD , premium spotify and a great pair of Sennheiser cans. Everything is great with my premium account and runs like clockwork. The only issue i have is some albums are poor volume wise while others are fine. Any idea why th...

• Morning. I have HTC DESIRE HD , premium spotify and a great pair of Sennheiser cans. Everything is great with my premium account and runs like clockwork. The only issue i have is some albums are ...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

droid 4, new spotify user

Ok im brand new to spotify and as an fyi, my 48 hr prem trial ends today if that makes a difference. I type in my search what im looking for and it pulls up the list of artists, albums and songs but only shows about 5 or 6 of each. How do i view more...

• Ok im brand new to spotify and as an fyi, my 48 hr prem trial ends today if that makes a difference. I type in my search what im looking for and it pulls up the list of artists, albums and songs but ...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify in android is not working and the company doesn´t bring any real service??????????

The spotify in my android is not working . Said " this song is not avaible" with everything. I´m paying for nothing. And we don´t have any real person to help us. This is a disaster. I will end my suscription

• Visitor
  • The spotify in my android is not working . Said " this song is not avaible" with everything. I´m paying for nothing. And we don´t have any real person to help us. This is a disaster. I will end my...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Everyone who's experiencing failed playlist sync, THIS IS WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO

I suffered hard from this problem and it made me super duper pissed of. I really had tried everything but one thing! Finally I got it working! 2 factory resets and a clean SD card did the trick. The first time i did a factory reset it didn't work. Th...

• Regular
  • I suffered hard from this problem and it made me super duper pissed of. I really had tried everything but one thing!  Finally I got it working! 2 factory resets and a clean SD card did the tri...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Using spotify mobile app as a remote

Hi everyone, I don't know if it has been asked before, but I have a question! When I was lying in my bed, I asked myself; would it be possible to play music at my mobile phone with Spotify Premium through my speakers (harman/kardon, without AirPlay),...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone,   I don't know if it has been asked before, but I have a question! When I was lying in my bed, I asked myself; would it be possible to play music at my mobile phone with Spotify P...
  • Gautam
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spottily does not work w/o SIM card ?!???

Hi I am needing some assistance if possible. I have had Spottily on my Android for around 2 months with no problem however to day my SIMI card quit on me. Usually my Spotify opens with no problem but since my card is giving me error and not working i...

• Regular
  • Hi I am needing some assistance if possible. I have had Spottily on my Android for around 2 months with no problem however to day my SIMI card quit on me. Usually my Spotify opens with no problem...
  • Sam
  • Spotify
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Do I have to download all songs?

Before the new version of Spotify was released, I could start downloading a playlist and then cancel it, and yet be able to listen to the ones that finished, in offline mode.Now when I choose to cancel downloading a list, all the green icons disappea...

• Music Fan
  • Before the new version of Spotify was released, I could start downloading a playlist and then cancel it, and yet be able to listen to the ones that finished, in offline mode. Now when I choose to ca...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Question about offline playlists.

Does the playlist get downloaded AGAIN to the phone? Or does Spotify copy tracks over wifi network?

• Regular
  • Does the playlist get downloaded AGAIN to the phone? Or does Spotify copy tracks over wifi network?
  • Deep
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline-Playlist on external_sd no settings with Clear saved data?!

Hello! I have one problem I want to safe Spotify data on my external_sd I have read other articles but they do not help me because when I go to More->Settings there is no Clear saved data? And when I logged out and press the menu button there come no...

• Regular
  • Hello!   I have one problem I want to safe Spotify data on my external_sd I have read other articles but they do not help me because when I go to More->Settings there is no Clear sav...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Resync ?

Resync every time I buy spotify card, or "unsync" playlist from mobile even though the files are on SD card already, they need to be re-downloaded every time ? This takes time, connection and is annoying. Y u do this ?

• Music Fan
  • Resync every time I buy spotify card, or "unsync" playlist from mobile even though the files are on SD card already, they need to be re-downloaded every time ? This takes time, connection and is ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist not downloading

When i try downloading my playlist it nevers download. Does anyone know why?

• When i try downloading my playlist it nevers download. Does anyone know why? 😕
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not changing to next song

So I have SGS2 and I have problem with spotify. When I play a song and it is in the end, it doesnt change to next song, the timer just keeps going on for few seconds. I have tried reinstalling but doesnt change anything.

• So I have SGS2 and I have problem with spotify. When I play a song and it is in the end, it doesnt change to next song, the timer just keeps going on for few seconds. I have tried reinstalling but do...
  • tresputas
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Help!

I downloaded spotify on my Motorola Electrify and it used to work, but now with the latest version it crashes before it can open. Any ideas?

• I downloaded spotify on my Motorola Electrify and it used to work, but now with the latest version it crashes before it can open. Any ideas?
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Particular Synced Playlist will not play in Android App

Whenever I try to play one playlist in particular that I synced from local files, It will begin the song but crash immediately. I synced another playlist the same way before from local files and I have no problems at all. This is very confusing. The ...

• Regular
  • Whenever I try to play one playlist in particular that I synced from local files, It will begin the song but crash immediately. I synced another playlist the same way before from local files and I ha...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

No Sound

Just updated to new app now i cant play anything. Its like the volume is turned down as the playing slider is moving. Was working fine earlier with old app. Have tried to uninstall and reinstall but still no joy. Can anyone help

• Casual Listener
  • Just updated to new app now i cant play anything. Its like the volume is turned down as the playing slider is moving. Was working fine earlier with old app. Have tried to uninstall and rein...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist no longer available with playable music.

I just resubbed my account today but after trying to get back on my mobile spotify every playlist is no greyed out saying track not available. Even if I go to Whats New, all the tracks are greyed out and are not able to be played. What do I do? Galax...

• Casual Listener
  • I just resubbed my account today but after trying to get back on my mobile spotify every playlist is no greyed out saying track not available. Even if I go to Whats New, all the tracks are greyed out...
  • xuberant
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify wont play any songs on my Android?

I have the Premium version so I dont know why its not playing any songs. Two days ago, I put it on offline mode and ever since it won't play anything, even when its not in offline mode. Very frustrating.

• I have the Premium version so I dont know why its not playing any songs. Two days ago, I put it on offline mode and ever since it won't play anything, even when its not in offline mode. Very frustrat...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Mobile Problem

I just started my 30 day trial of Spotify and It's not letting me play any tracks on my android powered phone, help!

• I just started my 30 day trial of Spotify and It's not letting me play any tracks on my android powered phone, help!
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes