Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify 0.5.4.73 very slow playlist syncing. Tested speed, unusually slow.

Spotify 0.5.4.73 very slow playlist syncing. Tested speed, unusually slow.

I have Spotify 0.5.4.73 (current Android version). When connected to my home WIFI I can download files (via my browser on my Android phone) at 1.2MBps (9.6mbps) but when syncing playlists on Spotify (I've download an app to monitor this in real time) it downloads at around 100KBps (800kbps).

This is 10 times slower than I can download files for free with my browser and far too slow to make the files I want available offline even if i leave it downloading overnight. Why is this? 

I live in New Zealand and mobile data prices make streaming while away from WIFI impossible.

My ISP is Vodafone (New Zealand).

If this can't be fixed I will look into finding an alternative to Spotify.

I have removed and reinstalled Spotify several times, each time I have removed all Spotify data before reinstalling it.

3 Replies

Google is swamped with complaints just like this one.

Has Spotify officially stated that there server speeds are an issue that they are trying to resolve?

If Spotify doesn't publicly admit syncing speeds is an issue and one they apologise for and are working on resolving I will move to a different paid service.

P.S: I love Spotify and I don't want to leave. 😞

i'm from NZ too and it's doing the same darn thing to me. At the point in forgoing the whole thing since Spotify are turning out to be jerks - happy to take my money but not happy to help their customers with their complaints....

Same here in Germany: Telekom VDSL 50000 kbit/s and downloading Songs over Wifi takes ages! Syncing 39 Songs took 1h 20min yesterday!

Suggested posts