Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • AFCM6456
  • Casual Listener
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to sync Andrdoid with Spotify

The instructions online simply say to click on the computer desktop icon for the phone. Nothing happens. Does anyone have a suggestion? Spotify certainly doesn't have anything of assistance, and therefore will be receiving a cancellation in the not t...

• The instructions online simply say to click on the computer desktop icon for the phone. Nothing happens. Does anyone have a suggestion? Spotify certainly doesn't have anything of assistance, and ther...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No sound on next song on HTC Desire S

Just updated to version 0.5.0.1247.g94a8231b on android. Playing one song works fine, but when it gets to the next song there is no sound. The song progression bar moves and it look like it plays a song, but no sound. If I press the next song button ...

• Casual Listener
  • Just updated to version 0.5.0.1247.g94a8231b on android. Playing one song works fine, but when it gets to the next song there is no sound. The song progression bar moves and it look like it plays a s...
  • 0124nigel
  • Casual Listener
  • 36 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 36 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Client 0.4.04 works fine

Guys, why did you develop even more things on the Android Client that it breaks some phones, while the old client works fine and got the things I want.I mean the Client from the market didn't even start but an older client that I found in the interne...

• Casual Listener
  • ...nd not crappy things like the new one.   Please provide this link for older phones: http://www.spotify.com/wp-content/uploads/android/0.4.04/SpotifyAndroid.apk
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How can I downgrade?

Since the new Android app is crap I need to downgrade to the previous version which actually works. How can I do that?

• Regular
  • Since the new Android app is crap I need to downgrade to the previous version which actually works. How can I do that?
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 20 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify on Rooted Device

Hi, I am looking put a rooted version of ICS onto my tablet, but i was just wondering if the Andriod Spotify application will still run on a rooted device?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I am looking put a rooted version of ICS onto my tablet, but i was just wondering if the Andriod Spotify application will still run on a rooted device?
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify offline sync music disappears

My phone keeps losing sync with bloody spotify meaning that all my music that I've synced offline decides to delete themselves from my phone so that I have to sync it again. This is happening on a monthly basis I have a full premium account. Android ...

• Music Fan
  • My phone keeps losing sync with bloody spotify meaning that all my music that I've synced offline decides to delete themselves from my phone so that I have to sync it again.   This is happen...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[APP BUG] Issues maintaining playback on MOTOROLA ATRIX HD, crashes often.

Using Spotify app, cant maintain playback thru most songs. If I try to use the controls, it freezes. Crashes. Rendering the app minimally usable. It's actually better at streaming than playing from the device. The device partitions it's internal stor...

• Using Spotify app, cant maintain playback thru most songs. If I try to use the controls, it freezes. Crashes.   Rendering the app minimally usable. It's actually better at streaming than pla...
  • wakeupgodfrey
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

The music stop play after my android tablet goes to sleep mode

To whom it may concern, I just bought an Acer Iconia tablet A510 with android 4.0 and a Bluetooth Dongle - RCA "aptX WTX-500 advance accoustic". The system work well and suceed to transmit well the music in Bluetooth but unfortunatelly the music stop...

• To whom it may concern,  I just bought an Acer Iconia tablet A510 with android 4.0 and a Bluetooth Dongle - RCA "aptX WTX-500 advance accoustic". The system work well and suceed to transmi...
  • rudyamid
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Search within playlist

Hello Spotify! First of all - I absolutely love the service. I have been a premium member for several months and it is worth every penny. Not only do I feel like I am supporting the artists but having an all you can eat buffet of music is fantastic. ...

• Hello Spotify!  First of all - I absolutely love the service.  I have been a premium member for several months and it is worth every penny.  Not only do I feel like I am supporting the...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Cant Find Spotify Top Lists

So i got Samsung Galaxy S3 and i think i got newest spotify version. But on my old phone i could find Spotify Top List just like on my PC so i couldt listen to top 100 or whatever it is. But on this version i cant find that. Is there something im mis...

• Regular
  • So i got Samsung Galaxy S3 and i think i got newest spotify version. But on my old phone i could find Spotify Top List just like on my PC so i couldt listen to top 100 or whatever it is.   B...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Logging into spotify without an internet connection

Hi, I recently noticed that it is not possible to login to spotify without an internet connection, for example if in a rural area or flying. It is annoying as offline content can not be accessed. I found another post on this with no replies, does any...

• Music Fan
  • Hi, I recently noticed that it is not possible to login to spotify without an internet connection, for example if in a rural area or flying. It is annoying as offline content can not be accessed. ...
  • personanongrata
  • Roadie
  • 22 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 22 replies
  • 1 likes

Syncing over Wifi with droid. Can I use the unlimited subscription?

Hi,I'm trying to sync my phone with spotify over wifi with my computer. It seems to be working ok, but I can't play what I have. If I have to get a subscription, can I get the unlimited option and it still work, or do I have to have the premium so I ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm trying to sync my phone with spotify over wifi with my computer. It seems to be working ok, but I can't play what I have. If I have to get a subscription, can I get the unlimited option and ...
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

"Open Spotify" opens a Spotify site?

Why in earth a "Open Spotify" opens a Spotify download site? When I use Voice search in Android, I like to open Spotify app not site. What should I say to this phone, so it can open a Spotify app for me? Thank you.

• Visitor
  • Why in earth a "Open Spotify" opens a Spotify download site?   When I use Voice search in Android, I like to open Spotify app not site. What should I say to this phone, so it can open a Spot...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

My playlist are not down loading and spofify says offline

I am trying to get my play list to load and it looks like they are hung. When I first set up the account on Saturday it loaded half my tracks but now I am stuck at 78% and it continues to say its offline.....any help?

• I am trying to get my play list to load and it looks like they are hung. When I first set up the account on Saturday it loaded half my tracks but now I am stuck at 78% and it continues to say its off...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Last day with Windows Phone ;)

Tomorrow I go to receive my Android phone to post office. Can you believe, I can then enjoy Spotify again on mobile... Can't wait! However the Windows Phone isn't bad, but this Spotify app here is piece of crap. You know what I mean. It's buggy, outd...

motorola_razr_maxx.gif
  • Visitor
  • Tomorrow I go to receive my Android phone to post office. Can you believe, I can then enjoy Spotify again on mobile... Can't wait! However the Windows Phone isn't bad, but this Spotify app here is pi...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Search feature doesnt work... :(

I just upgraded my Droid (sams gal s2, Spotify premium) and now it seems that Google search has the power in Spotify also.I am no longer able to use the search option either on tracks, artist not album. The search field looks like google with the Mic...

• Visitor
  • I just upgraded my Droid (sams gal s2, Spotify premium) and now it seems that Google search has the power in Spotify also. I am no longer able to use the search option either on tracks, artist not...
  • mittamo
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded/local songs used in radio?

Does anyone know if downloaded or local songs are used in a radio based on a playlist? This would significantly reduce the amount of data over 3G/4G. I haven't found the answer but I would assume its possible since local files can be played used in a...

• Does anyone know if downloaded or local songs are used in a radio based on a playlist? This would significantly reduce the amount of data over 3G/4G.   I haven't found the answer but I would...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists

I've been trying out the Spotify Premium and decided to ask around here before abandoning it. Is there anything in the works to sort out (what I perceive to be) the dogpile disaster that is playlists on Android? It's just an awful dogpile that does n...

• Gig Goer
  • I've been trying out the Spotify Premium and decided to ask around here before abandoning it.   Is there anything in the works to sort out (what I perceive to be) the dogpile disaster that i...
  • personanongrata
  • Roadie
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Kindle Fire won't log in with Facebook login

Hi, I downloaded the new Kindle Fire version of Spotify yesterday but when I try to login with my Facebook credentials it just keeps saying 'Logging in, please wait...' Occasionally it comes up with a little message saying they are experiencing probl...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,  I downloaded the new Kindle Fire version of Spotify yesterday but when I try to login with my Facebook credentials it just keeps saying 'Logging in, please wait...' Occasionally it comes ...
  • djlender
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist crashes because album was removed from Spotify

So this morning I was listening to a playlist on my HTC Inspire and all the sudden the music stopped. I thought downloading it would fix it, but it just ended up displaying 92% downloaded and I couldn't clear it. I realized the song it was crashing o...

• Regular
  • So this morning I was listening to a playlist on my HTC Inspire and all the sudden the music stopped. I thought downloading it would fix it, but it just ended up displaying 92% downloaded and I could...
  • mgmcewne
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes