Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Synced Songs Dissappearing?

Synced Songs Dissappearing?

This is the third time I've had to sync my playlists for offline mode to my Andriod. Initially, all the songs will be downloaded and I can play them without a data connection, but I check back a few days later and all but 20 or so (from a 200 song playlist) are greyed out again. How can I fix this? I also had to re-log in today to the app (which required internet access).

I decided to try premium because I'm leaving on a 12-hour car trip next week and I won't have ANY access to data/wifi. I'd like to get everything set up so that I can smoothly listen to music during my trip.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

3 Replies

@AlbinoBadger wrote:

This is the third time I've had to sync my playlists for offline mode to my Andriod. Initially, all the songs will be downloaded and I can play them without a data connection, but I check back a few days later and all but 20 or so (from a 200 song playlist) are greyed out again. How can I fix this? I also had to re-log in today to the app (which required internet access).

I decided to try premium because I'm leaving on a 12-hour car trip next week and I won't have ANY access to data/wifi. I'd like to get everything set up so that I can smoothly listen to music during my trip.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

This has been reported as a bug to Spotify, with no apparent fix 😞

The only thing you could try is to completely uninstall the app, and then install it again - quite annoying I know!

Hope it gets fixed,

Liam

This happens to me every some two weeks or so, each time when I really want my music (Murphy's law): I start spotify, it asks me to log in. I insult my phone, then enter my login information, and offline music wipped out... What seems to be interresting is that it's not entirely wipped, a very few songs are still readable, all are still marked as "available offline", but nothing can be read if not streaming until next synchronization over wifi. I synch >400 songs in extreme quality, it takes a while every time.

Happened again today, as I mounted my device's SD Cards on my computer. Could it be linked somehow?

Seriously stabilizing the application seems REALLY more important than bringing obscure features such as Facebook integration which seems really a low-priority feature.

This is a real pain, I can't rely on Spotify, and I'm this close to give deezer a try next time I encounter this bug.

We have an existing topic where I'd like you to post if you also have this issue.

Community Ergo Sum

Suggested posts