Playlists are removed

Playlists are removed

Gauloisies

Hallo Community,

I have a problem with my spotify premium account.

my notebook and also my smartphone (android) remove some of my playlists.

What i mean is that i download them and after a day or times like that, i need to download them again to hear them in the offline mode or in the car on my smartphone.

It would be great if someone could help or tell me the reason of my problem

PS: sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language..

30 Replies

Re: Playlists are removed

thekidbaski
Casual Listener

I'm also experiencing the same issue.  I download certain playlists to offline mode (I've tried this on both wifi and over network) and even after a short while the playlist will "undownload" itself from my phone.  I've tried undownloading other playlists in case I've reached some sort of limit, but that hasn't seemed to work as well.  What can be done to retain playlists once downloaded? 

OliverNaujoks
Casual Listener

I have exactly the same problem.

It looks like the app has stored on my phone a certain position of a certain date (approx 2-3 weeks ago)  of the playlists and when it is syncrhonizing with the Spotify server and checking for my (correct) playlists, every playlist that I download after this store-date is 'un-downloaded' and I have to download it again.

As the number of these playlists is growing, this problem gets more and more annoying.

Can anyone help?

Fuchikoma
Casual Listener

Same problem here!

I have also tried to delete some playlists in case I reached some unknown limit (though this is not the problem according to my calculations).

It happens over a over again... the playlists I unselected from being syncronized in the PC appear with the checkbox seleted whenever I connect my Android (Galaxy S i9000) to the WiFi... I unselect them and select the new ones... the proccess seems to go OK, and after a while the syncro finishes... I put the Android in offline mode, try the new lists, and it seems to be fine, but after a few hours (maybe when I go on-line through 3G, I have not double check this point) the new lists are not there offline anymore.

This is really annoying. I will try and reinstall the Spotify App in my Android... if this doesn't work, bye bye Spotify!

Floush

I  have the same problem 

The last playlist I've added on my phone always disappeared

I have to add them back again and again 

But I think that the files are still in cache because the resynchronisation is very fast 

But it's quite annioying 

I have also tried to remove old playlist but the problem is still here 

Florian

Fuchikoma
Casual Listener

The resyncro for me sometimes is really fast (still in cache, I also guess), but sometimes takes some good 2 hours for 77 songs.

But nevertheless the time it takes, after a few hours they are all gone!

Huwbert
Casual Listener

I've having the same issue with some new playlists which vanish after a few hours.  But when I downloaded a playlist I created 6-12 months ago, that one is still visible.

I think it's either something to do with the fact that it's been created recently, or that it's a subscribed playlist/album playlist.  Those are the only differences I can see.  Will have to test a little more.

totaltfrans

I have the same problem, everyday they disappear, then I have to redownload them again. Its been like this for about 2 weeks, havent complained about cause I thought that it would be fixed with the next update, but shame on me.

Its starting to become supremley agitating. 

David
Spotify Legend
Hello,

I've been through your accounts and I think things should be sorted out. How do they look for you?
Airhorn Enthusiast

SteveBrammer
Community Legend

If you've been through their accounts and fixed the problem, does that mean that you know what is wrong and why this happens to some people? Because I'm sure we would all like to know.

SUGGESTED POSTS