Playlists are removed

Re: Playlists are removed

David
Spotify Legend

It depends if the users above state that their playlists are fixed now. But I wouldn't jump and say it's a problem right away. The playlists still exist, and I imagine if one were to look on the desktop version of Spotify, they would be there. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

SteveBrammer
Community Legend

We seem to be talking about different things. You do realise that the people in this thread are complaining about the content of  offline-synced playlists disappearing and needing to be re-downloded?

David
Spotify Legend
Turns out I have eyes after all ;)
Airhorn Enthusiast

OliverNaujoks
Casual Listener

@David: Thanks for getting on the issue so quickly. At the moment it looks fine, but in order to tell you if it is really fixed I'll have to check and try some things tomorrow. I'll get back to you!

And off course I'd also love to know what seems to be the problem.

geek6oy
Casual Listener

I'm having exactly the same problem.  Really annoying.  May I have the fix applied also?

Huwbert
Casual Listener

I created a playlist yesterday afternoon and downloaded it to my phone, and downloaded two others.  They were definitely there at 6:30pm (GMT) but not there this morning.  That was a couple of hours after it should have been sorted out.

Do I need to download them again for the fix to work?

Fuchikoma
Casual Listener

Thanks @David for your quick response.

I am sorry to say the fix is not working for me... after David's fixing message I repeated the whole operation, syncronizing my android phone with the selected playlist in the PC App through WiFi. As usual for the last two weeks, I firt had to unselect some playlists that I already unselected weeks ago but always appear as selected for syncro... select the new ones... 77 songs, 1 hour (this time some still in cache), and everything was apparently normal. I disconect my phone from the WiFi and from the 3G and checked the playlists were there and working, played some random songs OK, and doublechecked after an hour... everything seemed to go smooth, and so I assumed the syncro was right and the problem fixed.

This morning I opened the Spotify App in the phone and after 7 hours all the playlists were gone. Since my phone was not connected either WiFi nor 3G, I assume it is a problem with the Spotify App for Android, which self-decides to come back to some kind of "restore point" in which some playlists should be in the phone (the ones I have to first unselect for syncro) and others should not be there and therefore are deleted (but some not from the cache).

Besides all of this, the only differences I can tell are:

• in the desktop App, when I started the proccess, I had to sign out and then sign in for the App to recognize my phone.
  • in the phone App, after the proccess was finished, with the 3G on, and Spotify NOT in offline mode, there is a message in the lower part of the screen stating "No Internet connection", and therefore the lists I want to syncro (which yesterday were faded were all the playlists appear, but not in the downloaded list) do not appear anymore (the 3G is running normally for other Apps).

Should I uninstall Spotify App from the phone and start all over?

adamxftw
Casual Listener

I am having this problem too. Downloaded 3 playlists last night (2 of which I've had to redownload repeatedly) and now they're gone after a phone restart.

David
Spotify Legend

It might be down to some caching issue. We're not entirely sure what might be causing this, but we'll try and pinpoint what it might be.

However, in the meantime, the best solution for this would be a complete clean installation (along with a cache clean). Instructions on how to do this can be found right here. After doing this, your playlists should sync and stay there. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

stevemrsh

Same problem here. I was able to download playlists and update them as I had my phone connected on wifi while i was at work. But now, after making one of the latest updates I can only update playlists and not download new ones. 

Very frustrating having to download them over and over and over again. 

SUGGESTED POSTS