Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

5,937 tracks in library-nearly 7,000 tracks syncing? Same song syncing twice?

5,937 tracks in library-nearly 7,000 tracks syncing? Same song syncing twice?

Hello! I wasn't able to find this issue in another thread, but maybe I just wasn't using the right search terms.

I synced my whole Spotify library with my Samsung Galaxy 4.2 player. My Spotify library contains 5,937 tracks, but something like 6,900 tracks were syncing.

If I have the same song in multiple playlists, is it syncing multiple times and taking up space? Is there something else going on?

2 Replies

No it wont syncthe same data twice.

The actual sync limit should be 3333 - after that it'll probably stop downloading anything
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Thanks for your reply. I'm glad it's not wasting space.

The 5,937 tracks in my library are mostly local files and probably about 500 Spotify songs I don't own, so everything was downloaded. The 3,333 limit is only for offline play of files not in the local files list.

I guess since it's not wasting space it doesn't matter, but I do wonder why it was showing as syncing so many extra tracks.

EDIT: How confusing. I thought I was downloading and syncing all my local files. It took basically all day and said it was syncing nearly 7,000 tracks. AND it's taken up roughly 26 GB of space on my memory card. But in the Spofity app on my Galaxy player I can only find songs that were already in playlists. I thought I could use Spotify mobile premium like a super iTunes alternative to organize all my music and play it on my Samsung Galaxy player since I don't like the stock music player app.

Suggested posts