Add to queue like IOS?

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9

My Question or Issue

is there any way to change the add to queue option to the way it is on IOS version of the app?

if not is there any plans to change it any time soon?

4 Replies

Hey @anse1505,

Welcome to the community!

Currently, the only way to add a song to the queue on Android is to hold down on the song name or tap Icon_Android_options.png next to the track you want to add, then tap Add to Queue. It's only possible to swipe to add a song to the queue on the iOS app.

However, you can let the right teams at Spotify know that you’d like to see this implemented by adding your +VOTE on this idea in the Spotify community ideas exchange. Make sure to keep an eye on that thread for the latest update!

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Noah

I meant the face that when you're in 'My Library' -> 'Songs' and on shuffle play and then search for a song and add it to queue

Instead of playing the song and then continuing the shuffle play queue it makes a new queue with the song you searched and others in the search criteria

In iOS after playing the song you added to the queue it continues with the shuffle play.

Hey @anse1505,

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I understand what you're referring to know.

To prevent this from happening, after you search for the song and add it to your queue, tap the "X" in the search bar to clear your search, and it will continue shuffling all of your songs, and not just that ones which meet the search criteria.

Let me know if you have any questions. Have a great day 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes please!!!!

Suggested posts