Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adding downloaded songs to other playlists (downloaded or non-downloaded) when offline

Adding downloaded songs to other playlists (downloaded or non-downloaded) when offline

Spoiler

Plan

Premium

Country

Switzerland

Device

Samsung Galaxy A71

Operating System

Android 11

Spotify App Version: 8.6.88.1104

My Question or Issue

Adding songs from a downloaded playlist to another of my playlists (no matter if they are downloaded or not) does not work anymore when I'm offline. I can hit the button "add to playlist" but when I return home and I'm online again, the songs are not on the wished playlists. This obviously sucks...because when I'm offline I like to listen to my downloaded "Discover" Playlist and add songs I'd like to keep to my other playlists. This has always worked...but for a couple of weeks it doesn't anymore. Please fix asap. Thank you! 

3 Replies

Hey @Wristlet666,

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear that you're having such an experience with the app.

We'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the app. Please follow the steps from this Spotify Guide exactly, as this will assure that all app data is cleared completely, before reinstalling.

Also, make sure that Battery optimization is not enabled for Spotify from the system app settings, as well as that the app is granted all permissions. These settings could be hindering the performance of the app.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey Alex

Thank you for your suggestions. Tried the above mentioned and final try - the battery optimization worked out 😃👍🏻thank you & have a nice one ...

Hey @Wristlet666,

Thanks for letting us know that everything is working fine now.

Remember to always keep your app updated, so you don't miss any fixes or new features. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have more questions.

Have a great day!

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts