Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

After I deactivated a private session, the android app no longer sends songs I listen to Facebook.

After I deactivated a private session, the android app no longer sends songs I listen to Facebook.

Like I said on the title of this post, a few days ago I wanted to try the "private session" functionality on the android app. It's doesn't work that well compared to the iOS version. The thing is when I deactivated it, the android app stopped sending the songs I listen to Facebook. I tried loggin out from within the app, I deleted spotify from the Facebook application list, I logged in again. Didn't work. Then I had to uninstall the app from my phone in order to reinstall it again and see if that solved the issue, but no. Nothing changed. Maybe it's worth noting that I have no problem whatsoever with last.fm. Also, I use the iOS version on my iPod touch and the private session works flawlessly. But my main device it's my android phone (i have a Samsung Galaxy S3) and this frustrates me a little 'cause I can't solve it. Any kind of help is welcome. Thank you. 

94 Replies

I'm having a similar issue. When I listen from the program on my PC it updates just fine to Facebook, but neither the Android app or web player seem to be sending any information to the site at all. 

Last.fm is receiving data and recording it properly, which makes it seem even more strange.

I even uninstalled/reinstalled the app on my phone -- but no changes.  Any assistance you can offer would be really appreciated.

Same problem. Started after i updated the Spotify app on my android phone.  Have tried EVERYTHING.  It is accessing my Facebook, I can see that much, getting info about my friends and birthdays, even this morning, but it won't post songs.  So many issues with Spotify, always!

Hexacord, posting from pc toFacebook, but not mobile songs to Facebook. I know spotify is interacting with Facebook because it shows that it has accessed my friends list. my mobile app setting says to show onFacebook. neverhadthis problem before. Android Razr 😞

Have you tried reinstalling the spotify app to see if it fixes this problem?

I have the same issue. I've logged out/logged in with no success and uninstalled/installed only to continue having the same problem. At least I know others are having the same problem and it's not just me. Any advice would be appreciated.

same issue here!  any potential fix for this?

Yes -- one of the first things I tried, actually.

It's funny -- Whenever I add or delete songs from a playlist that will register on facebook -- but the actual songs I'm listening to don't.

How does that work?

Hey everyone! If you guys could give us some more details we can try to replicate this on our end:

1. Device

2. OS

3. Spotify app version installed

We'll then see what we can find--thanks!

1. Motorola Droid Razor Maxx

2. Android Version 4.1.2

3. Spotify app version 0.7.1.407

Thanks for the help!

Phone: Droid Razr

Android Version: 4.1.2

Spotify App Version: 0.7.1.407

Start as soon as I updated to the newest version of Spotify on 10/15/13.

Songs will post to Facebook when I use my PC.

Where can we download the previous version? It has to be a bug with the new version of Spotify, at least for me.

Phone: Galaxy S4

Android version: 4.2.2

Spotify app version: 0.7.1.407

Samsung Galaxy SIII

Android version 4.1.2

Spotify version 0.7.1.407

Thank you in advance for your help with this!! 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3

Android version: 4.1.2

Spotify app version: 0.7.1.407

I'm no expert -- but it seems like the problem is somewhere on the Facebook side. 

Like I said, LastFM is updating fine with song data, and every time I make a change to one of my playlists (add or delete a song) it registers on my "recent activity" list. 

My guess is there's a app setting that got mixed up, but Facebooks app controls are such a labryinth anymore I can't find it.

Is there a way to reset the FB permissions for the app (I thought that would happen when I uninstalled/reinstalled, but no luck).  

What would happen if I clicked the link below to remove the app from Facebook? Would I have the opportunity to re-add it (and hopefully restore the lost functionality?)

FB app settings.jpg

Any updates on this as of yet? 

😞

Not sure if this will help find the solution or whatever -- but perhaps it can provide more detail.

I got impatient waiting for an answer so I went ahead and removed the spotify app from my facebook like I was thinking about doing in my last post. Then I re-added it, granting the app permissions to post to my profile (in the hope that it would reset the whole thing and fix the problem).

The settings look a little different than they did before, but unfortunately the results are the same. The PC program will update Facebook and Last.fm with songs I play, but the android app will only update last FM with song lists (same problem as before).

So unless there's another option I don't know about -- it seems the issue has to be with the Spotify app, and not facebook itself.

Is this something you can assist me with?

fb spotify.jpg

A1. HTC One X

A2. Android Version 4.2.2

A3. Spotify app version 0.7.1.407

B1. Google Nexus 7 2

B2. Android Version 4.3.1

B3. Spotify app version 0.7.1.407

C1. Sony Tablet S

C2. Android Version 4.0.3

C3. Spotify app version 0.7.1.407

Same behaviour with all 3 devices above, plays are not sent to your Facebook Activity Log anymore  since the update to 0.7.1.407.

Some people might think this is a good thing 😉 But I don't think it's by design, otherwise why would there be a setting letting you turn off and on this behaviour?

@meahtenoha (or anyone from Spotify who is listening) It would be nice to get an update. This has been open more than a week and apart from asking for more information we haven't heard a peep from any of you Spotify people.

I've escalated this and the other thread @SteveBrammer 

Suggested posts