Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "Radio" not available in mobile mode?

i love spotify. good program....i have fixed the issues of "off line" when mobile.....turns out i changed my FB password, so it was locked in on my old login.....i simply deleted the app, reloaded and FIXST!! one thing that troubles me.....how come i...

• i love spotify. good program....i have fixed the issues of "off line" when mobile.....turns out i changed my FB password, so it was locked in on my old login.....i simply deleted the app, reloaded an...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

ICS (android 4) and Transformer Prime syncing problems

Hi. I haven't found any real answer to this. The problem I, and a lot of other people are having, is that Spotify freezes up after syncing 50-60 songs. Then I have to log out, then log in again. Then the app is stucked in offline mode. Has this anyth...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi.    I haven't found any real answer to this.  The problem I, and a lot of other people are having, is that Spotify freezes up after syncing 50-60 songs.  Then I have to log...
  • stodge_pj
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Android app crashes when trying to play local music files

Like the subject says, the Android app on my Galaxy Nexus crashes when trying to play local music files. I have a bunch of files starred, a mix of local music files and stuff off of Spotify which syncs to my phone. I play through the Starred playlist...

• Like the subject says, the Android app on my Galaxy Nexus crashes when trying to play local music files. I have a bunch of files starred, a mix of local music files and stuff off of Spotify which syn...
  • rferrett
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Samsung Galaxy TAB

Hii.... When i log on spotify on my tab, it telling me that i have to make sure that it uses much data to run spotify, i press ok and the same message keeps going on and on and on.... so i cant log on???So please,, help me..... Maria

• Hii....   When i log on spotify on my tab, it telling me that i have to make sure that it uses much data to run spotify, i press ok and the same message keeps going on and on and on.... so i c...
  • Spyke
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Movil

Hola,tengo una cuenta premiun,,y cuadno quiero iniciar sesion desde el movil (Android),me dice:" Nombre de usuario o contraseña no validos "

• Hola,tengo una cuenta premiun,,y cuadno quiero iniciar sesion desde el movil (Android),me dice:" Nombre de usuario o contraseña no validos "
  • Psychotoxic
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

bad working network

My phone android huawei u8220 is not working at all with spotify. When I start its lo´gging me out after a a about 30 seconds. with other network programs it's working but with spotify not. What to do?

• My phone android  huawei u8220 is not working at all with spotify. When I start its lo´gging me out after a a about 30 seconds. with other network programs it's working but with spotify not. Wha...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle button mysteriously disappeared

The button to toggle shuffle has magically disappeared on my Dell Streak 7 running 3.2. I am paying $10/mo for this, it'd be nice if it worked properly.

• The button to toggle shuffle has magically disappeared on my Dell Streak 7 running 3.2. I am paying $10/mo for this, it'd be nice if it worked properly.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Congratulations! Worst Android App I have ever used.

Hello, Due to the amazing efforts of everyone at Spotify you win the coveted Worst Android App of 2012. You cleverly designed in all kinds of features to piss your users off such as, disappearing for no reason while playing, regularly switching into ...

• Hello,    Due to the amazing efforts of everyone at Spotify you win the coveted Worst Android App of 2012. You cleverly designed in all kinds of features to piss your users off such as, d...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

spotify premium just stopped working

I've had Sotify premium on my phone for more than 6 months but know it has stopped working. Doesn't log in, just a black screan. Why?? Anyone who knows how to fix it?

• I've had Sotify premium on my phone for more than 6 months but know it has stopped working. Doesn't log in, just a black screan.  Why?? Anyone who knows how to fix it?
  • gms49
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Android issues a real dropped ball

I've been a Napster subscriber (£15 a month) for 8 years. I took out a premium subscription for Spotify a couple of days ago out of frustration with the relaunched apps from Rhapsody for Napster: the desktop software and the phone app aren't a patch ...

• Roadie
  • I've been a Napster subscriber (£15 a month) for 8 years. I took out a premium subscription for Spotify a couple of days ago out of frustration with the relaunched apps from Rhapsody for Napster: the...
  • Rankhar
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Message I just sent to Subscription Support

Hi, Thanks to Spotify's poor Android support the client no longer logs in on any of my mobile devices: Samsung Galaxy S 2Samsung Galaxy NexusSamsung Nexus SMotorola Xoom I'd like a refund of my remaining subscription as I have moved to Rdio. If they ...

• Hi,   Thanks to Spotify's poor Android support the client no longer logs in on any of my mobile devices:   Samsung Galaxy S 2 Samsung Galaxy Nexus Samsung Nexus S Motorola Xoom &nbs...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Another user has put Spotify offline. Help!

Hi, I am using Spotify on my galaxy S2 on a month's free trial . Whenever I put the app offline it works fine for about 4-5 hours. However if I leave it longer than this and try to open the app I get the message "Another user has put Spotify offline....

• Regular
  • Hi, I am using Spotify on my galaxy S2 on a month's free trial . Whenever I put the app offline it works fine for about 4-5 hours. However if I leave it longer than this and try to open the app I get...
  • ralph
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium Member with 3G?

is streaming [galaxy tab] with 3G smoothly? rentable?

• Casual Listener
  • is streaming [galaxy tab] with 3G smoothly? rentable?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify repeatedly crashes with error 112 on Google Nexus S on ICS 4.0.3

Nuff said. I'm a premium subscriber and this is unacceptable. What is the ICS story? Is there one? I love Spotify but am this close to moving to MOG...

• Nuff said. I'm a premium subscriber and this is unacceptable. What is the ICS story? Is there one? I love Spotify but am this close to moving to MOG... 😕  
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Rdio Launching in Europe

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/new-media/item/26473-rdio-coming-to-all/ And their Adroid app looks really nice. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rdio.android.ui&hl=en If Spotify don't pull their finger out soon, they will lose all th...

• Gig Goer
  • http://www.siliconrepublic.com/new-media/item/26473-rdio-coming-to-all/   And their Adroid app looks really nice.    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rdio.android....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Mode - aaaaaaaaarrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

I have a laptop, Samsung GS2 and an Asus Transformer Prime running ICS. The phone and laptop work fine, but the tablet will never stay online for long, even when I am on a stable wifi connection and have logged out on all other devices. I actually ha...

• Music Fan
  • I have a laptop, Samsung GS2 and an Asus Transformer Prime running ICS.   The phone and laptop work fine, but the tablet will never stay online for long, even when I am on a stable wifi connec...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't get out of "offline" mode!

I have a droid X2.. downloaded Spotify, and it plays local music but not anything from my Spotify account. I don't see where to toggle online/offline! Stays this way even when connected to WiFi. The top line says "Spotify" and under that, it says "Yo...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a droid X2.. downloaded Spotify, and it plays local music but not anything from my Spotify account. I don't see where to toggle online/offline!  Stays this way even when connected to WiFi...
  • jrcstudios
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Always offline

Can't get out of offline mode on my phone - on the laptop it works fine. I see that many people have the same problem, and have tried the suggested fixes (changing password etc) without success. Am paying a lot of money for Premium so would like this...

• Can't get out of offline mode on my phone - on the laptop it works fine. I see that many people have the same problem, and have tried the suggested fixes (changing password etc) without success. Am p...
  • Jenah
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Warning Pop up

Warning: Spotify Mobile consumes large amounts of data.If you stream music over mobile networks, it's importatn that you have a flat rate (fixed price for data transfer) subscription. Please check with your mobile operator if you're uncertain. As soo...

• Casual Listener
  • Warning:   Spotify Mobile consumes large amounts of data. If you stream music over mobile networks, it's importatn that you have a flat rate (fixed price for data transfer) subscription. Plea...
  • bikerchick
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Library filled with ....what?

Hi, I use Spotify on 3 different devices. On the Andorid app something curious is happening.In my desktop the library contains about 2700 songs, on the Android it contains more then 8000 songs! Why is that?Kind regards!

• Music Fan
  • Hi,   I use Spotify on 3 different devices. On the Andorid app something curious is happening. In my desktop the library contains about 2700 songs, on the Android it contains more then 8000 s...
  • fmtv
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes