Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Tracks Randomly Not Playing

I know that there are lots of posts floating around with similar issues. But I'd thought mine seems to have a recurring theme. I have a playlist which I would like to listen to a lot more than I do. I'd like to listen to it on my phone, but I know th...

• Music Fan
  • I know that there are lots of posts floating around with similar issues. But I'd thought mine seems to have a recurring theme.    I have a playlist which I would like to listen to a lot m...
  • matthewcanty
  • Music Fan
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Droid Razr Maxx - Can't hear vocals on downloaded playlist songs

Super weird thing is happening. When I stream music, things seem ok, but I when I drive from work to home I like to reserve data and play some downloaded playlist that I have downloaded at work that day. Just recently when I listen to the songs downl...

• Casual Listener
  • Super weird thing is happening.  When I stream music, things seem ok, but I when I drive from work to home I like to reserve data and play some downloaded playlist that I have downloaded at work...
  • HellFile78
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't work with my LG phone, or my iPad

Everytime I open up Spotify on my Android phone, it makes me sign in. Then it goes to the What's New screen for 1 or 2 seconds, and shuts off (goes back my android home screen), and if I start over it keeps doing the same thing. On my iPad, all I get...

• Casual Listener
  • Everytime I open up Spotify on my Android phone, it makes me sign in. Then it goes to the What's New screen for 1 or 2 seconds, and shuts off (goes back my android home screen), and if I start over i...
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Moving music to sd card without hardware menu button

Hello, I've read the instructions to move music to an external sd card in several other posts here. ... 5a start the application, log off in case you get logged on automatically. 5b start the application, click on your phones menu button, press "rese...

• Visitor
  • Hello,   I've read the instructions to move music to an external sd card in several other posts here.   ... 5a start the application, log off in case you get logged on automatical...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Does Spotify call the correct WiFi state when screen is off?

When syncing playlists for offline listening, I have to leave my phone (a Nexus 4) on, or the downloading becomes ridiculously slow. Is Spotify selecting the correct function when it's syncing? WORKAROUND: ---------- Use this widget: https://play.goo...

• Gig Goer
  • When syncing playlists for offline listening, I have to leave my phone (a Nexus 4) on, or the downloading becomes ridiculously slow.  Is Spotify selecting the correct function when it's syncing?...
  • dcdttu
  • Gig Goer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

No internet connection available!?

I'm sick and tired of this now, for the last five days every time I've logged in to spotify on my HTC sensation it says 'No internet connection available!?'. I've tried to reinstall and I've checked if there was any free GB left and it was. What can ...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm sick and tired of this now, for the last five days every time I've logged in to spotify on my HTC sensation it says 'No internet connection available!?'. I've tried to reinstall and I've checked ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 18 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Samsung Galaxy S3 - can't search

I have recently changed phones from HTC Incredible 2 to yhe Samsung snd I can no longerv search. There is no search button only an X. I've tried ogging out and back in, clearing data and cache, anf uninstall a nf reunstall to no avail. I have a preim...

• I have recently changed phones from HTC Incredible 2 to yhe Samsung snd I can no longerv search. There is no search button only an X. I've tried ogging out and back in, clearing data and cache, anf u...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound level inconsistent

Hi. Does anyone has got a problem with the inconsistency of the soundlevel delivered by Spotify. I have noticed that some songs are played out loud and others are played so soft you almost can't hear it. It doesn't matter if I play spotify over the P...

• Music Fan
  • Hi.   Does anyone has got a problem with the inconsistency of the soundlevel delivered by Spotify.   I have noticed that some songs are played out loud and others are played so soft...
  • HansStrik
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify stops when network changes

Spotify on my Galaxy S4 stops everytime the phone changes network (riding my bike or driving my car) even though the network in my area is excellent. It even happens when I play downloaded songs unless I switch off data (which would be pointless on a...

• Spotify on my Galaxy S4 stops everytime the phone changes network (riding my bike or driving my car) even though the network in my area is excellent. It even happens when I play downloaded songs unle...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Request: Top Tracks What's New

Hi Currently when I go on to What's New, Top Tracks appears for around 5 seconds before reverting to Top Tracks among Friends. Now don't get me wrong, I like my friends but they have a poor taste in music and their opinion of good music isn't shared....

• Regular
  • Hi   Currently when I go on to What's New, Top Tracks appears for around 5 seconds before reverting to Top Tracks among Friends. Now don't get me wrong, I like my friends but they have a poo...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

why am I paying for this?

So I pay you money monthly for Premium. Your contact form on your web site does not work. Your stupid app on the android gets halted at some annoying FB connect promo page wanting me to install so FB sharing crap. I try to move forward in it, but it ...

• So I pay you money monthly for Premium.   Your contact form on your web site does not work.   Your stupid app on the android gets halted at some annoying FB connect promo page wanting m...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Collection Replaced Starred?

Since Collection turned on in the phone app, I can no longer find a way to star tracks, aside from manually adding them to the starred playlist. Is the Collection eventually replacing the star function?

• Roadie
  • Since Collection turned on in the phone app, I can no longer find a way to star tracks, aside from manually adding them to the starred playlist. Is the Collection eventually replacing the star functi...
  • djshackesq
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium account problem

I just activated my spotify premium gift card, however on my android is still says i need to update to premium. Tried installing and re installing, having trouble. Please help!! -Matt

• Casual Listener
  • I just activated my spotify premium gift card, however on my android is still says i need to update to premium. Tried installing and re installing, having trouble. Please help!!   -Matt
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume goes from 100% to 50% after .5 seconds after starting song

Hello Spotify!I have had a problem for about a week now. Each time i start a track or switch track (or change where i am within a track) it has a wired volume "feature". Think of it like this. If i have my cellphone volume set to 100% it will start a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello Spotify! I have had a problem for about a week now. Each time i start a track or switch track (or change where i am within a track) it has a wired volume "feature". Think of it like this. If i...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "Browse" Playlists

I Love the section but where do the playlists go that I subscribe to?I subbed to some playlists I liked but they're nowhere to be found.Edit Nevermind, i found them at the end of all my playlists

• Visitor
  • I Love the section but where do the playlists go that I subscribe to? I subbed to some playlists I liked but they're nowhere to be found. Edit Nevermind, i found them at the end of all my playlis...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Trouble connecting with Facebook

Hi all, I'm having issues logging into Spotify on my HTC using my facebook account. A new browser window pops up and tries to go to the FB connect page, but then I just get an error saying that the protocol is not supported. On another note, I tried ...

• Hi all,   I'm having issues logging into Spotify on my HTC using my facebook account. A new browser window pops up and tries to go to the FB connect page, but then I just get an error saying...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

A State of Trance on Spotify

Hi There, Why is it that Spotify is the player advertised on the A State of Trance Website...and yet you can't listen to A State of Trance 12 Hours after it has been played live... I can understand not being able to download it immediately, but why c...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi There,    Why is it that Spotify is the player advertised on the A State of Trance Website...and yet you can't listen to A State of Trance 12 Hours after it has been played live... ...
  • Yank33
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Add locally stored files to collection?

On my Galaxy S3, I want to populate the Collection/Artist tab with all locally stored music files without having to go through each track on each playlist on the phone, one by one, and adding to collection. I have have plenty of storage, and the feat...

• Regular
  • On my Galaxy S3, I want to populate the Collection/Artist tab with all locally stored music files without having to go through each track on each playlist on the phone, one by one, and adding to coll...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't download spotify for nexus 4?

Why...       Super user edit - added picture correctly

Issue
  • Casual Listener
  • Why...       Super user edit - added picture correctly 🙂
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes