Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Offline not working

Hi, I have an HTC handset and a premium account. When trying to go in to Offline mode I'm informed that my license has expired and I need to renew it. I have been a premium customer for some time now and this function has worked on previously owned H...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I have an HTC handset and a premium account.  When trying to go in to Offline mode I'm informed that my license has expired and I need to renew it.  I have been a premium cus...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist - order of the tracks on android.

Hello,I want to use spotify for audiobooks.I make the playlists on my desktop and put them in the right order. But when i download the playlist on my android phone the order of the files are completely messed up...I dont want to sort anything i just ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I want to use spotify for audiobooks. I make the playlists on my desktop and put them in the right order. But when i download the playlist on my android phone the order of the fi...
  • Miguana
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Cancelled

I signed up Mar. 5 for a 30 day trial and have been frustrated by the bugs on my Galaxy Nexus and Transformer Prime . The app is very unstable as you all know. I have been posting and reading the complaints on the Android Market with no response from...

• Casual Listener
  • I signed up Mar. 5 for a 30 day trial and have been frustrated by the bugs on my Galaxy Nexus and Transformer Prime . The app is very unstable as you all know. I have been posting and reading the com...
  • suelg24
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

HELP!

my premium isnt working with my phone. i have uninstalled, reinstalled, logged in, logged out, turned my phone on off taken the battery out and everything. i am so flustered and would love to be able to listten to music!!!

• Visitor
  • my premium isnt working with my phone. i have uninstalled, reinstalled, logged in, logged out, turned my phone on off taken the battery out and everything. i am so flustered and would love to be able...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

3rd party EQ issues

I'm using Spotify on an Android phone and am running into issues with 3rd part eq apps specifically with bass boost features. The app I am using is Android EQ, but I have tried others with the same result.The bass boost works fine for one or 2 tracks...

• Music Fan
  • I'm using Spotify on an Android phone and am running into issues with 3rd part eq apps specifically with bass boost features. The app I am using is Android EQ, but I have tried others with the s...
  • takipo
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

can't see select synced offline playlist when not connected to internet

Nexus 4, newest android version, newest Spotify version.I sync a playlist, I made, called best of rock, and then, when I am sure it's finished syncing, I disconnect wifi and try to view the playlist, but when I click on it, there is nothing there (it...

• Casual Listener
  • Nexus 4, newest android version, newest Spotify version. I sync a playlist, I made, called best of rock, and then, when I am sure it's finished syncing, I disconnect wifi and try to view the playl...
  • Timewarp
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • offline sync
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on my devices

Can anybody explain to me why about once a month my android devices come up with a "Syncing Error" and i then loose everything i have downloaded and have to do it all again.The devices do this within about a week of each other. Becoming a bit of a pa...

• Can anybody explain to me why about once a month my android devices come up with a "Syncing Error" and i then loose everything i have downloaded and have to do it all again.The devices do this within...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Repeatedly downloading costing me a fortune and using all my broadband allowance

Help My downloaded playlists keep disappearing and reloading, I have used up huge amounts of broadband allowances without realising it. What is going on, I only have the downloaded lists on one device. Sometimes it cleans the list two or three times ...

• Help   My downloaded playlists keep disappearing and reloading, I have used up huge amounts of broadband allowances without realising it.  What is going on, I only have the downloaded l...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Move music to SD card ?.

Is it alrady possible to move music to you SD card?. It was with the old version?. I still hate te looks of the new version and terrible with tablet. Please help.

• Roadie
  • Is it alrady possible to move music to you SD card?.    It was with the old version?.   I still hate te looks of the new version and terrible with tablet.     P...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to find SD Card to store songs error

0.6.4.47 version Undownloaded 2 albums Settings>Storage stil showed memory on use cleaned cache tried to start Spotify got an error saying unable to find free space to store Had to uninstall app and download again, seems to be working fine now

• Casual Listener
  • 0.6.4.47 version   Undownloaded 2 albums Settings>Storage stil showed memory on use cleaned cache tried to start Spotify got an error saying unable to find free space to store &...
  • KhoiPond
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • android bug
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! spotfy app won't let me get free service

I just installed spotify a couple days ago and it said that I have a forty eight hours trial. Well two days later it says your free trial is over. I don't know how to get spotify free from my account becaus its not an option. I need help plz

• I just installed spotify a couple days ago and it said that I have a forty eight hours trial. Well two days later it says your free trial is over. I don't know how to get spotify free from my account...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there any way to download latest version offline?

Hi, I've question, is there any way to download latest version spotify.apk, for ex. from direct link, omitting Google Play? I've problems with my Google Play on my smartphone. Thank You Mikołaj

• Composer
  • Hi,   I've question, is there any way to download latest version spotify.apk, for ex. from direct link, omitting Google Play? I've problems with my Google Play on my smartphone.   ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Output volume nerfed in new update?

Hi guys, Has the output volume of the app been limited in the latest update or is this an issue with my phone? Using a Samsung Galaxy SII and had no problems up until now, but went out for a run with it last night after an update and the output volum...

• Hi guys,   Has the output volume of the app been limited in the latest update or is this an issue with my phone? Using a Samsung Galaxy SII and had no problems up until now,  but went out...
  • nikreiman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio Stations

I upgraded to the latest version of spotify and when listen to a radio station I created it then goes to my next radio station after 2 songs what gives with this? Is there a way to stop this from happening.

• I upgraded to the latest version of spotify and when listen to a radio station I created it then goes to my next radio station after 2 songs what gives with this? Is there a way to stop this from hap...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Audio Effects (EQ) No longer working?

I was thrilled to find the eq a few weeks back. Now it is not working. I am running Jellybean on an Asus Transformer. Any ideas?

• I was thrilled to find the eq a few weeks back. Now it is not working. I am running Jellybean on an Asus Transformer. Any ideas?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded files won't play

Hi folks, I uploaded some files to Spotify on my laptop Spotify, and I see them on my playlist there and I can play them no problem. I tried accessing them on my phone (an LG Revolution) and it shows the playslist but not the contents. I get "the tra...

• Regular
  • Hi folks,   I uploaded some files to Spotify on my laptop Spotify, and I see them on my playlist there and I can play them no problem.   I tried accessing them on my phone (an LG Re...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! ONE song wont sync...

I have a weird problem here... When i first got spotify I added a song to my playlist i already had on my memory card. Spotify used the song I had on the memorycard, not the one on the spotify server. A few days ago i deleted the track of my memoryca...

• I have a weird problem here... When i first got spotify I added a song to my playlist i already had on my memory card. Spotify used the song I had on the memorycard, not the one on the spotify server...
  • Darcy
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

how do i view my top tracks on the mobile app (Android)?

I am currently without a desktop/laptop so I cannot view my profile as I normally would. How can I view my top tracks using the Android mobile app? Thank You

• I am currently without a desktop/laptop so I cannot view my profile as I normally would. How can I view my top tracks using the Android mobile app?   Thank You
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

connection issues

everytime I close the app or minimize it. it loses connection and stops playing and basically freezes. I ahve uninstalled and deleted everything spotify off of the phone and reinstalled and still see t he issue. Firmware is up to date for the phone a...

• everytime I close the app or minimize it. it loses connection and stops playing and basically freezes.  I ahve uninstalled and deleted everything spotify off of the phone and reinstalled and sti...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Ford AppLink - Anroid

Any plans to bring the applink functionality to the Android version of Spotify?

• Casual Listener
  • Any plans to bring the applink functionality to the Android version of Spotify?
  • dgratch
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes