Announcements

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 49 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 49 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not changing to next song

So I have SGS2 and I have problem with spotify. When I play a song and it is in the end, it doesnt change to next song, the timer just keeps going on for few seconds. I have tried reinstalling but doesnt change anything.

• So I have SGS2 and I have problem with spotify. When I play a song and it is in the end, it doesnt change to next song, the timer just keeps going on for few seconds. I have tried reinstalling but do...
  • tresputas
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Help!

I downloaded spotify on my Motorola Electrify and it used to work, but now with the latest version it crashes before it can open. Any ideas?

• I downloaded spotify on my Motorola Electrify and it used to work, but now with the latest version it crashes before it can open. Any ideas?
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Particular Synced Playlist will not play in Android App

Whenever I try to play one playlist in particular that I synced from local files, It will begin the song but crash immediately. I synced another playlist the same way before from local files and I have no problems at all. This is very confusing. The ...

• Regular
  • Whenever I try to play one playlist in particular that I synced from local files, It will begin the song but crash immediately. I synced another playlist the same way before from local files and I ha...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

No Sound

Just updated to new app now i cant play anything. Its like the volume is turned down as the playing slider is moving. Was working fine earlier with old app. Have tried to uninstall and reinstall but still no joy. Can anyone help

• Casual Listener
  • Just updated to new app now i cant play anything. Its like the volume is turned down as the playing slider is moving. Was working fine earlier with old app. Have tried to uninstall and rein...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist no longer available with playable music.

I just resubbed my account today but after trying to get back on my mobile spotify every playlist is no greyed out saying track not available. Even if I go to Whats New, all the tracks are greyed out and are not able to be played. What do I do? Galax...

• Casual Listener
  • I just resubbed my account today but after trying to get back on my mobile spotify every playlist is no greyed out saying track not available. Even if I go to Whats New, all the tracks are greyed out...
  • xuberant
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify wont play any songs on my Android?

I have the Premium version so I dont know why its not playing any songs. Two days ago, I put it on offline mode and ever since it won't play anything, even when its not in offline mode. Very frustrating.

• I have the Premium version so I dont know why its not playing any songs. Two days ago, I put it on offline mode and ever since it won't play anything, even when its not in offline mode. Very frustrat...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Mobile Problem

I just started my 30 day trial of Spotify and It's not letting me play any tracks on my android powered phone, help!

• I just started my 30 day trial of Spotify and It's not letting me play any tracks on my android powered phone, help!
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle function on android?

Can someone please tell me if there are an shuffle function on the Spotify app on Android and how I can find it? I will be really thankful!

• Casual Listener
  • Can someone please tell me if there are an shuffle function on the Spotify app on Android and how I can find it?   I will be really thankful!
  • danielleg1989
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with randomly muting on my galaxy s3

Hi. Im having some problems with my galaxy s3 as spotify just randomly mutes songs, can happen right in the middle of songs or the beginning. tried reinstalling spotify, my whole phone etc, still the same problem. if i switch to a new song it starts ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. Im having some problems with my galaxy s3 as spotify just randomly mutes songs, can happen right in the middle of songs or the beginning. tried reinstalling spotify, my whole phone etc, still the...
  • kdaniean
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

How can I sync playlists with the files already on my SD card?

I have an HTC Evo 3D with the latest Spotify app version. I moved the physical music files for Ingrid Michealson's new album "Human Again" (currently not released on Spotify for streaming) to my SD card, hoping that I could create a playlist from my ...

• I have an HTC Evo 3D with the latest Spotify app version. I moved the physical music files for Ingrid Michealson's new album "Human Again" (currently not released on Spotify for streaming) to my SD c...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

This is how I solved all of my problems with the Android app

Okay, so, first, my issues with the app were: after downloading a playlist, some time later when trying to play it offline it suddenly appeared as not downloaded (very frustrating) local files not synching tracks not showing up in app general frustra...

• Music Fan
  • Okay, so, first, my issues with the app were:   after downloading a playlist, some time later when trying to play it offline it suddenly appeared as not downloaded (very frustrating) loc...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong facebook-account

Somebody else is logging im to my spotify-account with his facebook-account. I registered with my e-mail. How can I change to my own facebook? I have another persons name and picture. I even have his friends on my list. If I log in with my own facebo...

• Casual Listener
  • Somebody else is logging im to my spotify-account with his facebook-account. I registered with my e-mail. How can I change to my own facebook? I have another persons name and picture. I even have his...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing local tracks to android.

FAQ says: You can use Spotify to sync your own local files to the Spotify app on your Android or iOS device.Make a playlist on your computer containing music from your Local music filesConnect your computer and phone to the same WiFi networkOpen Spot...

• Casual Listener
  • FAQ says:   You can use Spotify to sync your own local files to the Spotify app on your Android or iOS device. Make a playlist on your computer containing music from your Local music files ...
  • Boj61
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify will not open right

Well, I downloaded the app today (I have Sprint's Nexus) and for the first time it worked well. But then when I got out of work, I tried to stream it through my car but it kept loading. And loading. And still loading. I thought it was a connection pr...

• Well, I downloaded the app today (I have Sprint's Nexus) and for the first time it worked well. But then when I got out of work, I tried to stream it through my car but it kept loading. And loading. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

search and syncing not working ?

Anyone not getting list synced and not getting search to work on their android devices ? works fine on my computer on the same internet connection ... and yes I have a premium subscription...

• Casual Listener
  • Anyone not getting list synced and not getting search to work on their android devices ? works fine on my computer on the same internet connection ... and yes I have a premium subscription... &nbsp...
  • hishmacla
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing tracks on Android

So yeah On my desktop I have everything and all my tracks, But on my Android I have 7 Tracks per playlist and starred, where i had 44 on my main playlist and 58 on my starred list... Anyone else having this problem and could help sorting it out ? ple...

• Regular
  • So yeah On my desktop I have everything and all my tracks, But on my Android I have 7 Tracks per playlist and starred, where i had 44 on my main playlist and 58 on my starred list... Anyone else havi...
  • Panacotta
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

instantly crashes after login

hi! I am currently on a samsung galaxy note, how ever ive had the same problems with my htc desire hd and sensation. The app crashes after the update. Every time. Ive tried all the steps here in the forum. I also tried formating the sd card and tried...

• Visitor
  • hi! I am currently on a samsung galaxy note, how ever ive had the same problems with my htc desire hd and sensation. The app crashes after the update. Every time. Ive tried all the steps here in th...
  • Richard
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

i paid for unlimited and was charged the 4.99 still cant play tracks a week later

every time i log in everything is available, the only thing is everything is in light grey and says track not available. I have tried everything including reinstalling and the problem is still there. i sent out two emails to spotify for help last wee...

• Casual Listener
  • every time i log in everything is available, the only thing is everything is in light grey and says track not available. I have tried everything including reinstalling and the problem is still there....
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

error 403

I tried to download Spotify free, but still got the message error 403. Therefore I shut down Wifi (was recommended), but that didn't help either, error 923. What can I do to install Spotify on my mobile? Hannes

• Casual Listener
  • I tried to download Spotify free, but still got the message error 403. Therefore I shut down Wifi (was recommended), but that didn't help either, error 923. What can I do to install Spotify on my m...
  • DvdBerg
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Not all songs available

Just curious as to why I'm not able to play all the songs in my playlist on my phone?

• Just curious as to why I'm not able to play all the songs in my playlist on my phone?
  • apgoldst
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes