Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Create a mobile playlist offline

Is there an app so I can create a playlist with songs from spotify, while I'm offline and on the go?I have a lot of songs from spotify in different playlists, but then I want to combine different songs into a new playlist, while i'm in the train or s...

• Is there an app so I can create a playlist with songs from spotify, while I'm offline and on the go? I have a lot of songs from spotify in different playlists, but then I want to combine different s...
  • chrisrazor
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Stop the haemorrhage of Android users - get an alpha of the upcoming new Android client out now!

Hi I heard a rumour that a new Android client is in development. This has to be true because otherwise why aren't you fixing the known issues with the current one? I am hearing every day about users who are quitting Spotify because of the flaky Andro...

• Music Fan
  • Hi   I heard a rumour that a new Android client is in development. This has to be true because otherwise why aren't you fixing the known issues with the current one?    I am hearin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

App closes abruptly 20-30 seconds after I rename a playlist!

I have been using Spotify on my LG Thrill phone for about 6 months with no problems similar to this. But recently, I started adding a lot of album playlists (100+) to listen on the go, which I regularly rename in order to rate them. I have been doing...

• Regular
  • I have been using Spotify on my LG Thrill phone for about 6 months with no problems similar to this.   But recently, I started adding a lot of album playlists (100+) to listen on the go, which...
  • angstpristine
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Starred albums paly in reverse order?

My starred tracks are all in the wrong order. They play from the last track to the first. Is there a fix for this? I never had this problem with the i phone app.

• My starred tracks are all in the wrong order. They play from the last track to the first. Is there a fix for this? I never had this problem with the i phone app.
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! App won't let me past login after reinstall.

So after 2 days of Spotify being stuck in "offline mode", I decided to see if reinstalling would help. What a mistake. When I login I get the message about data consumption. Ok nothing new there. After I hit OK, it pops back up. And again & again & a...

• Regular
  • So after 2 days of Spotify being stuck in "offline mode", I decided to see if reinstalling would help.  What a mistake.  When I login I get the message about data consumption.  Ok noth...
  • Luftmjuk
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Playlists Are Not Visible

Hi,I have noticed that my latest playlists are not visible on my HTC Desire S when in offline mode. If I create a new playlist and mark it as available offline it will disappear when I go offline. When I go online again, the playlist reappears. It do...

• Hi, I have noticed that my latest playlists are not visible on my HTC Desire S when in offline mode. If I create a new playlist and mark it as available offline it will disappear when I go offline...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

The Spotify House -vs- Android Update

How the hell does Spotify build a dedicated tricked out house for music before fixing their crapp-tastic app? Don't get me wrong, spotify has the fastest loading music and fastest login in any app i've seen, but **bleep**, its like they could do so m...

• Casual Listener
  • How the hell does Spotify build a dedicated tricked out house for music before fixing their crapp-tastic app?   Don't get me wrong, spotify has the fastest loading music and fastest login in a...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Can't even open the app

When I try to open the app it crashes immediately. No splash screen, no login screen, nothing. I have like seven playlists so that shouldn't be an issue. I don't have ICS as it hasn't arrived for the Galaxy Note yet and the app worked fine until an h...

• Casual Listener
  • When I try to open the app it crashes immediately. No splash screen, no login screen, nothing. I have like seven playlists so that shouldn't be an issue. I don't have ICS as it hasn't arrived for the...
  • AndraBullar
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I need an answer about updates for the mobile android app urgently!

Spotify customer support,I've been a premium subscriber for several months now and I recently got a samsung galaxy tab 8.9" that runs Honeycomb (and that eventually will be upgraded to Ics) and I must say it's very frustrating to use the spotify app,...

• Spotify customer support, I've been a premium subscriber for several months now and I recently got a samsung galaxy tab 8.9" that runs Honeycomb (and that eventually will be upgraded to Ics) and I...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

It doesnt work on my phone :( Yes. i have premium!

I upgraded from unlimited spotify to premium spotify about 15 minutes ago as i wanted to stream music from my phone. However, as i log into my account on my phone, it says that streaming is only avaliable to premium users. But how can that be? I allr...

• Casual Listener
  • I upgraded from unlimited spotify to premium spotify about 15 minutes ago as i wanted to stream music from my phone. However, as i log into my account on my phone, it says that streaming is only aval...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Sync Problems

Hi, every time I update my phone, I haev to resync all of my music. This takes a very long time due to my large library, and I am unable to do it when I need to music. I update my phone on an almost daily basis due to CyanogenMod 9 Nightlies being re...

• Hi, every time I update my phone, I haev to resync all of my music. This takes a very long time due to my large library, and I am unable to do it when I need to music. I update my phone on an almost ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

mobile phone

just got my wife a htc andriod phone and upgraded to premium subscription but she cant seem to sync our playlist to her phone. help!!

• just got my wife a htc andriod phone and upgraded to premium subscription but she cant seem to sync our playlist  to her phone. help!!        
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! playlist gone on phone

All my playlist are gone on my phone but are still on my computer. I even tried reinstalling app. What is going on and who do i contact to fix this?

• Casual Listener
  • All my playlist are gone on my phone but are still on my computer. I even tried reinstalling app. What is going on and who do i contact to fix this?
  • popare
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline status on Motorola Bionic

help....after following the recommended step of logging out, changing my password, and logging back in, I am stuck in Offline mode on my Bionic. About to drop my Premium membership and probably Spotify altogether if I cannot get this resolved. Need a...

• Casual Listener
  • help....after following the recommended step of logging out, changing my password, and logging back in, I am stuck in Offline mode on my Bionic. About to drop my Premium membership and probably Spoti...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Ringtones/podcasts listed in playlists

Spotify is listing my podcasts and ringtones in my local music. I can delete them but how do I prevent spotify from listing them in the first place.

• Spotify is listing my podcasts and ringtones in my local music. I can delete them but how do I prevent spotify from listing them in the first place.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Neglected app. Unsubscribing.

I don't think this app has seen any updates since before I subscribed to Premium (3-4 months ago). I've fought with random crashes (due to deleting songs off my SD card, it doesn't like that). The shuffling feature is broken (starts me in the middle/...

• I don't think this app has seen any updates since before I subscribed to Premium (3-4 months ago). I've fought with random crashes (due to deleting songs off my SD card, it doesn't like that). The sh...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes

App closes everytime i add a track to a playlist

I have a nexus s, app closes evertime i add a track to a playist after a couple of seconds which i guess is when the app is syncing. Makes starring tracks really frustrating as i know the app will close as soon as i do. A fresh install didnt help, an...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a nexus s, app closes evertime i add a track to a playist after a couple of seconds which i guess is when the app is syncing. Makes starring tracks really frustrating as i know the app will cl...
  • daveseefeld
  • Casual Listener
  • 18 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 4 likes

unable to play my playlist.

I have several songs in my playlist, they will not play... i get a info button. With the syncing symbol in the back trying to sync. Help....

• I have several songs in my playlist, they will not play... i get a info button. With the syncing symbol in the back trying to sync. Help....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Crashing on HTC Desire Z

I have just upgraded to spotify premium and downloaded the spotify app to my HTC Desire Z. However when tapping on the icon I get just a black screen and then it crashes back to homescreen. I have tried reinstalling.Any suggestions? It's disappointin...

• Casual Listener
  • I have just upgraded to spotify premium and downloaded the spotify app to my HTC Desire Z. However when tapping on the icon I get just a black screen and then it crashes back to homescreen. I have tr...
  • nickc01
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes