Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Trouble syncing playlists with the spotify app?

Hey all, I have a Samsung Galaxy s3, recently got the Spotify premium upgrade. Gotta couple long car rides the coming weekends. Well, I went on my computer and made some playlists I'm pretty stoked about, but for some reason the songs aren't showing ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey all,   I have a Samsung Galaxy s3, recently got the Spotify premium upgrade. Gotta couple long car rides the coming weekends. Well, I went on my computer and made some playlists I'm pr...
  • Warzone303
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify doesn't download all songs in the offline playlists

Hi. I have spotify premium, and almost every one of my playlists are offline, but some songs just doesn't get downloaded. I recently added the album "Hell: The Sequel" to a playlist and made it for offline use, and 3 random songs in the playlist got ...

• Hi. I have spotify premium, and almost every one of my playlists are offline, but some songs just doesn't get downloaded. I recently added the album "Hell: The Sequel" to a playlist and made it for o...
  • pinguinxy
  • Regular
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes

Tracks unavailable

Hello. I was interested in listening to and obtaining Hawthorne Heights cd - HOPE, but it does not appear when searched on the app. A google search returned the results of the cd, but when I opened it, it merely said that the tracks were unavailable,...

• Regular
  • Hello. I was interested in listening to and obtaining Hawthorne Heights cd - HOPE, but it does not appear when searched on the app. A google search returned the results of the cd, but when I opened i...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Where does Spotify automatically store its dowloads on smartphone?

Hello, If this Q is silly, I apologise in advance. I suspect this is due to my phone, but I am having downloading all my selected playlists due to storage. I recenly upgraded my phone with an 32gb SD card, but it does not seem to stroe the music ther...

• Music Fan
  • Hello,   If this Q is silly, I apologise in advance.   I suspect this is due to my phone, but I am having downloading all my selected playlists due to storage. I recenly upgraded my...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Pleeaaase add sorting your collected music by artist/album !!!!!

Sorry, but right now it is so annoying. I tested out an alternative streaming service (R..o) and have to say: "it is so lovely to have this option and a clean design again!". Playlists and stuff are nice, but I usually listen by album. And as it is r...

• Music Fan
  •   Sorry, but right now it is so annoying. I tested out an alternative streaming service (R..o) and have to say: "it is so lovely to have this option and a clean design again!". Playlists and s...
  • MissOwl
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

No Radio for HTC One

Hey everybody, I have a HTC One and a premium account of spotify but I can't use the radio function. If I open the spotify app there are just my playlists but no radio function. Please help me Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Hey everybody,   I have a HTC One and a premium account of spotify but I can't use the radio function. If I open the spotify app there are just my playlists but no radio function. &nbsp...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! SD Card - 32MB enough?

After scouring the Spotify message board it seemed the consensus was that a 32GB SD card was more than enough to store 3333 tracks offline at extreme quality. So, I bought a 32GB card and began to sync my 3100 track playlist. Download stopped at abou...

• Regular
  • After scouring the Spotify message board it seemed the consensus was that a 32GB SD card was more than enough to store 3333 tracks offline at extreme quality. So, I bought a 32GB card and began to sy...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

'This track is not available' even though it's in my library.

So I was trying to get Selena Gomez's 'Slow Down' to be on my playlist. I understand that it is not available in Spotify's library (yet) at the moment, so I bought it from iTunes Music Store earlier and it did get registered with my desktop Spotify a...

• Music Fan
  • So I was trying to get Selena Gomez's 'Slow Down' to be on my playlist. I understand that it is not available in Spotify's library (yet) at the moment, so I bought it from iTunes Music Store earlier ...
  • clh_hilary
  • Music Fan
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app wrongly claiming "no internet connection available" with premium account

I've just bought a samsung s3 and installed spotify app on it. When I log in, I can't play any music or search for any songs as it says "no internet connection available". About 20% of the time, it will load my playlist, but then won't let me play an...

• Regular
  • I've just bought a samsung s3 and installed spotify app on it. When I log in, I can't play any music or search for any songs as it says "no internet connection available". About 20% of the time, it w...
  • Whogivsachit
  • Casual Listener
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

No sound from speakers when playing on Kindle Fire

I just went through hell exchanging my Kindle twice thinking that the speaker jack didn't work--only to find out it's a problem on with Spotify. It plays Spotify just fine until I plus speakers or headphones in, and then silence. Other audio files pl...

• Visitor
  • I just went through hell exchanging my Kindle twice thinking that the speaker jack didn't work--only to find out it's a problem on with Spotify. It plays Spotify just fine until I plus speakers or he...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

APP on Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7 Shows Blank White Screen

I'm running stock Android on both devices with the following versions:Sprint Galaxy Nexus: 4.2.1Nexus 7 16GB: 4.2.2 The app on both devices has been occasionally showing a completely blank white screen even when I open the menu in the toolbar or what...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm running stock Android on both devices with the following versions: Sprint Galaxy Nexus: 4.2.1 Nexus 7 16GB: 4.2.2   The app on both devices has been occasionally showing a completely bla...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Widget Resume Fails often

On the android app, the widget is often unable to continue playing while it still shows which song was playing. Maybe you can persist the playing song and song queue in flash. This way you will still be able to play back what was playing when memory ...

• On the android app, the widget is often unable to continue playing while it still shows which song was playing. Maybe you can persist the  playing song and song queue in flash. This way yo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist in offline mode

Hey there!I'v had Spotify Premium for a long time now. But the last month some of my playlist's want load in offline mode.I use Spotify every day on my Android phone, and this is really irritating. I have tried to delete Spotify from my phone and ins...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey there! I'v had Spotify Premium for a long time now. But the last month some of my playlist's want load in offline mode. I use Spotify every day on my Android phone, and this is really irritat...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

All of my downloaded songs (many, many hundreds) are now longer downloaded.

I listen offline most of the day and had quite a bit of playlists downloaded. This morning the playlists are all still there, but none are downloaded! Please tell me there is a way to restore????

• I listen offline most of the day and had quite a bit of playlists downloaded. This morning the playlists are all still there, but none are downloaded! Please tell me there is a way to restore????
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

storage problem

When trying to access my spotify account on my tablet a message saying "no SD card found please make sure an SD card is inserted with sufficient space to store our data." I use a nexus 7, 32gb which is all internal storage, I have used spotify on her...

• When trying to access my spotify account on my tablet a message saying "no SD card found please make sure an SD card is inserted with sufficient space to store our data." I use a nexus 7, 32gb which...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Changing volume of Spotify App with changing connection quality

Dear Spotify Team, I noticed an annoying issue with change volume while streaming Spotify radio on my new Galaxy S4 in my car (Bluetooth). I used to use iPhone before and didn't have that problem. But since using the S4 I am experiencing volume chang...

• Casual Listener
  • Dear Spotify Team,   I noticed an annoying issue with change volume while streaming Spotify radio on my new Galaxy S4 in my car (Bluetooth). I used to use iPhone before and didn't have that ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Lock screen widget not working Galaxy S4

Without further due i fill in the template, please let me know if you need further info. === START OF TEMPLATE === DescriptionBasically when i use spotify and have the lock screen set to swype to unlock sometimes the spotify widget looks and work ok....

• Gig Goer
  • Without further due i fill in the template, please let me know if you need further info.   === START OF TEMPLATE ===   Description Basically when i use spotify and have the lock screen...
  • vampyren
  • Gig Goer
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

White screen and lost all downloaded tracks

Twice now since the last version release, on my Droid X, I have encountered the white screen, but was unable to recover, even after powering down and removing the battery. All tracks were lost. The app remained on the phone after I cleared all Spotif...

• Music Fan
  • Twice now since the last version release, on my Droid X, I have encountered the white screen, but was unable to recover, even after powering down and removing the battery.  All tracks were lost....
  • jakester2014
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify with high resolution for Google Nexus 10?

Many people will have the Nexus 7, Nexus 10 or other Android tablets after Christmas. What happens on the ipad even works on android tablets! I think it's time for aTablet optimised app! Do it for the loyal Spotify customers

• Many people will have the Nexus 7, Nexus 10 or other Android tablets after Christmas.     What happens on the ipad even works on android tablets!   I think it's time for aTab...
  • stonhans
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Server address

What is my server  IP address?

• What is my server  IP address?
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes