Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle play missing on free version

Solved!

Shuffle play missing on free version

Hello guys, I downloaded the app for android today, so and I assume it to be the latest version. The problem is that having a free account I'm not able to use it as there is no shuffle play button! What can I do? When I open a playlist, there is only a green download button on the top that invites me to upgrade my account! I'm not excluding an upgrade, but I'd like to exploit the free version first. Thank you!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If you are running android version 2.2 or older, you won't be able to run the most recent spotify app which is required for the new free spotify. If you are on android 2.3 or newer, please shout.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Spotify 0.6.5 is the most recent version compatible with android 2.2 but will not give access to the free service. To use spotify on an older mobile after using up any free premium trial is to take out a premium subscription I'm afraid.

It sounds like you are either on the 30 day free premium trial ( you would have registered a payment method) or the 48 hour premium trial you get the first time you download the mobile spotify app. Once the trial ends, you won't have access on mobile at all.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

If you are running android version 2.2 or older, you won't be able to run the most recent spotify app which is required for the new free spotify. If you are on android 2.3 or newer, please shout.

Hey, Thanks for your reply.

The version I have of spotify for android is 0.6.5.183.. isn't it the newest? 

Btw I have some news: I managed to find a way to make the shuffle play button appear (I simply added some playlists to my library directly from the app, as the playlists I created on my laptop only have the download button on top), however when I click on the shuffle play button nothing happens!

Any idea..? Thank you so much

Marked as solution

Spotify 0.6.5 is the most recent version compatible with android 2.2 but will not give access to the free service. To use spotify on an older mobile after using up any free premium trial is to take out a premium subscription I'm afraid.

It sounds like you are either on the 30 day free premium trial ( you would have registered a payment method) or the 48 hour premium trial you get the first time you download the mobile spotify app. Once the trial ends, you won't have access on mobile at all.

Thank you Joe for killing all my hopes! haha 😉

Sorry 😞

Suggested posts