Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Audio Effects not showing on Beats Audio devices

Audio Effects not showing on Beats Audio devices

Hello all.

We've had some reports of people using some HTC devices with Beats Audio not being able to use the Audio Effects options. I'm collating some information for some reporting. Could you confirm the devices you are using that you are not able to use the Audio Effects option on?

If you're not using a Beats Audio-enabled device, I'd recommend trying a clean installation first, and see if they are available now. If they aren't, could you pop that below too, stating that it's not a Beats Audio enabled device but you're not able to use the Audio Effects option. 

Thanks! 

Airhorn Enthusiast
54 Replies

Using Sony Xperia Arc with ICS 4.0.4 and pressing Audio Effects in settings just crashes the app. The output is:

09-06 12:01:37.336 E/AndroidRuntime(7245): java.lang.SecurityException: Permission Denial: starting Intent { act=android.media.action.DISPLAY_AUDIO_EFFECT_CONTROL_PANEL cmp=com.TEST.android.lvh/.activity.Manager (has extras) } from ProcessRecord{2c3d0208 7245:com.spotify.mobile.android.ui/10114} (pid=7245, uid=10114) not exported from uid 10141

Have done a clean installation as above.

Regards

I can confirm the Audio Effects are not showing up in the menu.

HTC One X.

Hi,

I can confirm I don't see Audio effect menu on Desire S (with ICS)

HTC One X, ICS 4.0.4, with Beats Audio....

No Audio Effects menu is showing up under settings.

Not showing up on Evo 4G LTE--> 

Before i did an update, my beats still showed up but all the equalizers were gone, after trying the clean install....i don't even have beats anymore or any equalizers as well, which the fresh install made it worse. Hope to see an update soon! 🙂 Oh an landscape mode for my car dock.

Not showing on my HTC Sensation with ICS 4.0.3 without Beats Audio, even after performing a clean install.

Not showing up on HTC Desire S ICS 4.0.4, no Beats Audio.

Yep, no Audio Effects menu under Settings.

HTC One X with 4.0.4 and Beats Audio.

Thanks guys. Weird to see that this is happening on some devices without Beats. To you people - Do you have DSPManager or something similar on your device at all?
Airhorn Enthusiast

I noticed that if I use EQ app I got from the Google Play - Spotify EQ doesn't do a thing - If I disable the EQ and use Spotify EQ - then it works. Samsung Galaxy Note 4.0.4 (Equalizer) app.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

No DSP manager or other eq (except for Beats) in my HTC One X w/ 4.0.4

Further to previous post, HTC Desire S ICS 4.0.4 - phone flashed last week, clean install of everything, no other mixers or DSP software installed. Spotify is the only music app installed other than the stock music player.

@neo-x wrote:

I noticed that if I use EQ app I got from the Google Play - Spotify EQ doesn't do a thing - If I disable the EQ and use Spotify EQ - then it works. Samsung Galaxy Note 4.0.4 (Equalizer) app.

What's the name of the EQ app that is built into the Note? 

Airhorn Enthusiast

Same as reported by others - HTC One X, Android 4.0.4, not rooted and no custom ROM. No DSP managers or suchlike installed. No Audio Effects option in the Settings.

Works fine on my Nexus 7 though.
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Note doesn't have a built in app. Just added a comment that a 3rd party EQ app and Spotify EQ = the same as I have seen.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

OK so my phone (HTC Incredible S) isn't exactly the new hot thing, doesn't have Beats Audio but it does have android 4.04. I can't even see Audio Effects under Settings. Tried a clean install but no change.

@neo-x wrote:
Note doesn't have a built in app. Just added a comment that a 3rd party EQ app and Spotify EQ = the same as I have seen.

Sorry, I'm not entirely sure I follow... Are you saying that changing the EQ before going into Spotify had no effect, but going through Spotify and changing it did?

Airhorn Enthusiast

I can confirm that audio effects isn't showing on HTC sensation XE

Audio-Effects not showing up in the settings.. 😕

HTC One X w/ ICS 4.0.4
Sebi

Suggested posts