Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio Stations

I upgraded to the latest version of spotify and when listen to a radio station I created it then goes to my next radio station after 2 songs what gives with this? Is there a way to stop this from happening.

• I upgraded to the latest version of spotify and when listen to a radio station I created it then goes to my next radio station after 2 songs what gives with this? Is there a way to stop this from hap...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Audio Effects (EQ) No longer working?

I was thrilled to find the eq a few weeks back. Now it is not working. I am running Jellybean on an Asus Transformer. Any ideas?

• I was thrilled to find the eq a few weeks back. Now it is not working. I am running Jellybean on an Asus Transformer. Any ideas?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded files won't play

Hi folks, I uploaded some files to Spotify on my laptop Spotify, and I see them on my playlist there and I can play them no problem. I tried accessing them on my phone (an LG Revolution) and it shows the playslist but not the contents. I get "the tra...

• Regular
  • Hi folks,   I uploaded some files to Spotify on my laptop Spotify, and I see them on my playlist there and I can play them no problem.   I tried accessing them on my phone (an LG Re...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! ONE song wont sync...

I have a weird problem here... When i first got spotify I added a song to my playlist i already had on my memory card. Spotify used the song I had on the memorycard, not the one on the spotify server. A few days ago i deleted the track of my memoryca...

• I have a weird problem here... When i first got spotify I added a song to my playlist i already had on my memory card. Spotify used the song I had on the memorycard, not the one on the spotify server...
  • Darcy
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

how do i view my top tracks on the mobile app (Android)?

I am currently without a desktop/laptop so I cannot view my profile as I normally would. How can I view my top tracks using the Android mobile app? Thank You

• I am currently without a desktop/laptop so I cannot view my profile as I normally would. How can I view my top tracks using the Android mobile app?   Thank You
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

connection issues

everytime I close the app or minimize it. it loses connection and stops playing and basically freezes. I ahve uninstalled and deleted everything spotify off of the phone and reinstalled and still see t he issue. Firmware is up to date for the phone a...

• everytime I close the app or minimize it. it loses connection and stops playing and basically freezes.  I ahve uninstalled and deleted everything spotify off of the phone and reinstalled and sti...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Ford AppLink - Anroid

Any plans to bring the applink functionality to the Android version of Spotify?

• Casual Listener
  • Any plans to bring the applink functionality to the Android version of Spotify?
  • dgratch
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

App consumes a lot of mobile data for offline playlists

Hi, I only use the app for offline playlists, synced over WiFi, and it consumes a lot of mobile data (around 13MB per week). I have a short limit of mobile data usage, so this is a problem for me. Any thoughts on what the app is doing? Best regards, ...

• Music Fan
  • Hi,   I only use the app for offline playlists, synced over WiFi, and it consumes a lot of mobile data (around 13MB per week). I have a short limit of mobile data usage, so this is a probl...
  • fatings
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline folders?

Hi, I've created some folders with multiple playlists. Can I also download an entire folder to my Android device or do I have to do this playlist by playlist? Thx!

• Hi, I've created some folders with multiple playlists. Can I also download an entire folder to my Android device or do I have to do this playlist by playlist?   Thx!
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Mobile

I think there should be a Spotify mobile update for Spotify Premium customers to be enable them to keep there downloads on there mobile's when a Spotify update is available.When a Spotify update is downloaded on a mobile phone a Refresh happens that ...

• Gig Goer
  • I think there should be a Spotify mobile update for Spotify Premium customers to be enable them to keep there downloads on there mobile's when a Spotify update is available. When a Spotify update is...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Upgrade to newest version, white screen and synced to too many devices

I spent all weekend trying to get this app, that i pay for, to start working correctly again. The problem originated after the upgrade late last week when i got a message that i had too many devices synced and it removed my downloads. I'm not aware o...

• Roadie
  • I spent all weekend trying to get this app, that i pay for, to start working correctly again. The problem originated after the upgrade late last week when i got a message that i had too many devices ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sony Walkman compatibility

Hello fellows. I am thinking about getting a Sony F Series Walkman, and would love to use a premium Spotify with it. It uses Android so I think it would work... Here is a link to the thing. http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDispl...

• Regular
  • Hello fellows. I am thinking about getting a Sony F Series Walkman, and would love to use a premium Spotify with it. It uses Android so I think it would work... Here is a link to the thing.  ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why pay 17,50$ for something which doesn't work anyway?

Hey, i have long to school, so i would to try the spotify premium, the first 2 weeks, i got blank window, and now i can play music, but... no sound? and my sound is on, and i have tried to: Clear data Clear Cache Uninstall Turn off my phone Pull out ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, i have long to school, so i would to try the spotify premium, the first 2 weeks, i got blank window, and now i can play music, but... no sound? and my sound is on, and i have tried to: Clear...
  • Zeuthen
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops

Hello. Having issues since last update on my Nexus 4 and my galaxy tab 10.1 Problem: music stops playing and app shows "no internet connection", i have no problem with connection at all (both wifi and 3g). When this happens on my nexus 4 device the l...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello.   Having issues since last update on my Nexus 4 and my galaxy tab 10.1 Problem: music stops playing and app shows "no internet connection", i have no problem with connection at al...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I only want spotify on my Android

I am a new user of spotify, I signed up because I want access to my music but don't want five million devices. I also can't keep all my music on my computer (I have over 7,000 songs) and it takes up too much space and slows my computer down. Here is ...

• I am a new user of spotify, I signed up because I want access to my music but don't want five million devices. I also can't keep all my music on my computer (I have over 7,000 songs) and it takes up ...
  • yeaber
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I install the previous version?

I'm running out of options to fix this problem, where, since the last update, the app has totally destabilized. Uninstalled several times with no luck. Running an 4.2.2 on a brand new S4, shouldn't be an issue. Only started happening after the upgrad...

• Roadie
  • I'm running out of options to fix this problem, where, since the last update, the app has totally destabilized. Uninstalled several times with no luck. Running an 4.2.2 on a brand new S4, shouldn't b...
  • yeaber
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

exit option needed!

Spotify, please add an exit option! it's so annoying I can't close the app when I want it to.

• Regular
  • Spotify, please add an exit option! it's so annoying I can't close the app when I want it to.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Offline mode malfunction

I have an S4 and I am paying for premium. Spotify offline mode is not working. The following iterations keeps happenning: -Install spotify -Download the playlists -Eventually close spotify -Re-open the app, at this point Spotify starts resyncing some...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an S4 and I am paying for premium. Spotify offline mode is not working. The following iterations keeps happenning: -Install spotify -Download the playlists -Eventually close spotify ...
  • FinnHEL
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems since last update

Since the most recent Android update I've been desynced for the first time ever, and I've got a post on the thread to get wiped on all my devices (no idea how may have synced, don't think over three) to take care of that. But, in addition, more distr...

• Roadie
  • Since the most recent Android update I've been desynced for the first time ever, and I've got a post on the thread to get wiped on all my devices (no idea how may have synced, don't think over three)...
  • politzer
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

"Unfortunately, Spotify has stopped"

Hello.This problem only seems to occur when I play one specific song that I synced from my local files to the mobile version. It will play for a few seconds and then report back with that error. Any help?

• Hello. This problem only seems to occur when I play one specific song that I synced from my local files to the mobile version. It will play for a few seconds and then report back with that error. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes