Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

There is no new "shuffle play" button (either in albums or playlists)

There is no new "shuffle play" button (either in albums or playlists)

I am a free Spotify user on a Samsung Infuse (Froyo 2.2.1) phone. The new features added to spotify allowing for playlists and albums to be shuffled and played for free do not show up on my phone at all. I followed the troubleshooting instructions, but had no success. When I click on a playlist, for example, a green "download" button appears (which is a premium only feature) as well as the list of songs, but that's it. No "shuffle play" button.

What is wrong?

8 Replies

What version of the Spotify app are you running?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

The latest version from the google play store. I recently installed and uninstalled it per the instructions here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Android-Troubleshooting-Spotify/td-p/113082

The version number that shows up in the store is version 0.6.5.183, updated on Dec 11, 2013. Thanks.

Hmmm the current android release is v0.7.4, wondering is your android too old (although I didn't think android had any backward compatibility issues). 

Maybe someone who knows a little more about android can chime in, I only because an android owner very recently! 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hmmm..how strange. Well there's the problem then! Thanks for your help, at least I know what the issue is more specifically.

Looking into it more, it seems spotify has different versions for different devices. Is spotify's new update simply not compatible with my device?

Hello!

Can you try this file and see if it changes the version?

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

I was unable to install the file. I got an error that read "there is a problem parsing the package." My settings allow installation from unknown sources.

@tfcoste wrote:

I was unable to install the file. I got an error that read "there is a problem parsing the package." My settings allow installation from unknown sources.

I don't think there's anything you can do about it.

The minimum required version for version 0.7.x is Android 2.3 (Gingerbread).

I couldn't find this information anywhere on the main FAQs, but that's what the android logs say when you try to install it on an Android 2.2 device (froyo)

Suggested posts