Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

After I deactivated a private session, the android app no longer sends songs I listen to Facebook.

After I deactivated a private session, the android app no longer sends songs I listen to Facebook.

Like I said on the title of this post, a few days ago I wanted to try the "private session" functionality on the android app. It's doesn't work that well compared to the iOS version. The thing is when I deactivated it, the android app stopped sending the songs I listen to Facebook. I tried loggin out from within the app, I deleted spotify from the Facebook application list, I logged in again. Didn't work. Then I had to uninstall the app from my phone in order to reinstall it again and see if that solved the issue, but no. Nothing changed. Maybe it's worth noting that I have no problem whatsoever with last.fm. Also, I use the iOS version on my iPod touch and the private session works flawlessly. But my main device it's my android phone (i have a Samsung Galaxy S3) and this frustrates me a little 'cause I can't solve it. Any kind of help is welcome. Thank you. 

94 Replies

AGREED

Is the mechanism that sends data to Last.fm different from the one that sends info to Facebook? It's extra frustrating that one site seems to be working fine, while the other one shriveled up into nothing?

I've asked before without response, but could someone from Spotify provide an example of what the ideal FB app settings look like for someone who isn't experiencing these issues, just so I can confirm that I'm not compounding the issue from this side?

i'm not sure why we bother anymore...

are your songs listened on mobile app posting to Facebook yet? just checkin'...   still not working for me. 😞

Nope, still not working for me either... 

I can't believe they can't fix this. 

Hey everyone! Just wanted to post to say we're still on the case. We don't always post if we don't have an update--but that doesn't mean we're not listening and working on a solution. 

As soon as we've got an update we'll post here. Thanks for helping us gather this info!

Meredith -- Can you give us a progress report of any kind? 

Fix it please, or remove it from the "feature" list. 

How about this -- if you guys are still having trouble or are ultimately unable to restore this functionality for us, could you at least take it away from everyone else?

I'm kidding, obviously -- but only kinda. 

Still really wish you were able to give us an idea of any progress that has been made to this point.

Hi all, thanks for your patience.

This should be fixed with the release of 0.7.3. If you're still getting this problem, please post with the version of Spotify you're currently using as 0.7.3 isn't fully rolled out yet.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

How do we get 0.7.3?

@imakenonsense wrote:

How do we get 0.7.3?

For some people it'll already be available from Google Play (I'm not entirely sure for what % of people), but everyone else should see it soon enough. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

It seems fixed with the new one! THANK YOU!

What version of Spotify is showing under the Settings option? Because the one I just downloaded, dated 11/22,  did not fix the problem.

It shows version 7.2.402-g40e8dcb4, not 7.3.  

I've never heard of an app not being available to everyone at the same time on Google Play. But then I don't download a lot of apps either.

Why did you post the same question 4 times? As Adam said in his post above, the issue is fixed in version 0.7.3 which is going out in phases. Phased rollout is a developer option on Google Play. You should get it soon.

If you want me to stop posting, then perhaps you can answer my question? I asked if 0.7.2.402 is the new version. Is it?

And are you a user or do you get paid by Spotify? Because I am paying $10+ a month for an app that has not worked right for 6 weeks.

Thank you for answering my question so I don't have to ask it again. 

So I guess that maths isn't your strongpoint or you would have worked out that 0.7.3 is more recent than 0.7.2.402. Support here is unofficial. If you want official support, use the online contact form and stop being such an idiot.

By the way, Adam did not say it was fixed, he said it should be fixed... big difference.  Since you have posted 5,000+ times, obviously you are getting frustrated by all of the issues. Instead of being snarky with a paying customer, you could try answering a frustrated customer's questions.

This is exactly how Spotify will lose business. I don't think Mark Zuckerberg would allow his employees to address people like you have addressed me. If you are not an employee, then you should not answer for those who are.

Claudia

Wow really? Well thank you for your response. I will be sure it gets to Spotify and to Facebook staff as well. They can see how Spotify's public Community Support forum treats its paying customers, especially since they are allowing Spotify to integrate with their music section. 

You really shouldn't  be representing Spotify whatsoever.  Facebook is FREE and they would never allow a member representing them to behave like you are. The customer is always right.. you should learn that.  

I am calling support to cancel my membership immediately, not that you care, because you are apparently a "free worker."

Claudia

The joy of NOT working for or representing Spotify is that I can speak my mind. Posting the same question four times in a matter of minutes then failing to understand the answer you were given and contimuing to rant pointlessly made it quite clear to me that you were being an idiot.

Learn to read and comprehend and maybe I'll revise my opinion but you have some work to do quite frankly.

Suggested posts