After I deactivated a private session, the android app no longer sends songs I listen to Facebook.

After I deactivated a private session, the android app no longer sends songs I listen to Facebook.

Nerdroid
Regular

Like I said on the title of this post, a few days ago I wanted to try the "private session" functionality on the android app. It's doesn't work that well compared to the iOS version. The thing is when I deactivated it, the android app stopped sending the songs I listen to Facebook. I tried loggin out from within the app, I deleted spotify from the Facebook application list, I logged in again. Didn't work. Then I had to uninstall the app from my phone in order to reinstall it again and see if that solved the issue, but no. Nothing changed. Maybe it's worth noting that I have no problem whatsoever with last.fm. Also, I use the iOS version on my iPod touch and the private session works flawlessly. But my main device it's my android phone (i have a Samsung Galaxy S3) and this frustrates me a little 'cause I can't solve it. Any kind of help is welcome. Thank you. 

94 Replies

Re: After I deactivated a private session, the android app no longer sends songs I listen to Faceboo

Hexacorde
Music Fan

I'm having a similar issue. When I listen from the program on my PC it updates just fine to Facebook, but neither the Android app or web player seem to be sending any information to the site at all. 

Last.fm is receiving data and recording it properly, which makes it seem even more strange.

I even uninstalled/reinstalled the app on my phone -- but no changes.  Any assistance you can offer would be really appreciated.

Re: After I deactivated a private session, the android app no longer sends songs I listen to Faceboo

claudiamc
Roadie

Same problem. Started after i updated the Spotify app on my android phone.  Have tried EVERYTHING.  It is accessing my Facebook, I can see that much, getting info about my friends and birthdays, even this morning, but it won't post songs.  So many issues with Spotify, always!

claudiamc
Roadie
Hexacord, posting from pc toFacebook, but not mobile songs to Facebook. I know spotify is interacting with Facebook because it shows that it has accessed my friends list. my mobile app setting says to show onFacebook. neverhadthis problem before. Android Razr :(

Joe
Community Legend

Have you tried reinstalling the spotify app to see if it fixes this problem?

mtasmam2k
Music Fan

I have the same issue. I've logged out/logged in with no success and uninstalled/installed only to continue having the same problem. At least I know others are having the same problem and it's not just me. Any advice would be appreciated.

user-removed
Not applicable

same issue here!  any potential fix for this?

Hexacorde
Music Fan

Yes -- one of the first things I tried, actually.

It's funny -- Whenever I add or delete songs from a playlist that will register on facebook -- but the actual songs I'm listening to don't.

How does that work?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey everyone! If you guys could give us some more details we can try to replicate this on our end:

1. Device

2. OS

3. Spotify app version installed

We'll then see what we can find--thanks!

Hexacorde
Music Fan

1. Motorola Droid Razor Maxx

2. Android Version 4.1.2

3. Spotify app version 0.7.1.407

Thanks for the help!

SUGGESTED POSTS