Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

After updating spotify - offline available playlists had to be downloaded again?

After updating spotify - offline available playlists had to be downloaded again?

Hi all,

after having installed the latest update of spotify app on my mobile all previously (offline available) playlists had to be downloaded again. That's pretty much data traffic and if you're on holiday quite troublesome.

Did anything go wrong?

9 Replies

@Ahcim wrote:

Hi all,

after having installed the latest update of spotify app on my mobile all previously (offline available) playlists had to be downloaded again. That's pretty much data traffic and if you're on holiday quite troublesome.

Did anything go wrong?

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Are you using android or iOS?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi and thanks for the warm welcome!

Sorry, I've forgotten to mention that I'm using Android.

Interesting, before you updated had you done any of the work arounds to force the app to store data on your SD card unofficially? 

Going to pop this over into the android section for you.

Peter

Move: Contrib --> Android

Peter

No, not that I know.

@Ahcim wrote:

No, not that I know.

Hi!

Did you happen to have your phone plugged into a computer using USB? Also, what phone do you have? 🙂

Hi,

no I never had my phone connected to a computer. It' s an Alcatel One Touch Easy with dual sim slots, I bought it only in March. The 32GB SDCard used is that from my old mobile, on the card have been all my downloaded spotify playlists, when I swapped it to the new mobile. After installing the Spotify app on the new mobile I remember all playlist weren't available offline and had to be downloaded again.

Could my problem be caused by this circumstance? Have you got any idea how I could avoid that repeating download troubles in future?

If you where using the SD card in a different phone then you will always need to download the offline content again. The Spotify offline content to my knowledge is encrypted uniquely on each device, meaning if you moved the SD card to a new phone, it would not be able to open those files and hence why it redownloads the content. 

Peter

Peter

Sorry, the correct model is AlcatelOne Touch 997D.

Right. But after having installed the app and downloaded the files in early March, the same happened a few days ago after updating the app: Those initially already donwloaded files were suddenly unavailable - and had to be downloaded again.

How could I avoid this in future for certain? Deleting the app and overwriting the folder with the downloaded files?

Suggested posts