Type in your question below and we'll check to see what answers we can find...
If you couldn't find any answers in the previous step then we need to post your question in the community and wait for someone to respond. You'll be notified when that happens.
Simply add some detail to your question and refine the title if needed, choose the relevant category, then post.
Before we can post your question we need you to quickly make an account (or sign in if you already have one).
Don't worry - it's quick and painless! Just click below, and once you're logged in we'll bring you right back here and post your question. We'll remember what you've already typed in so you won't have to do it again.
Premium (family plan)
Android 9 Pie PQ3A.190801.002
My Question or Issue
For multiple years, I have had my spotify playlist sorted by "recently added". If I add an album to the the playlist by pressing "Add to Playlist" on the album, it will add the album with first song as "newest" and last song as "oldest". As of yesterday, all albums are now in the reversed order (first song as "oldest"). When I play the playlist in this order, the playback does not actually reflect the order being shown either (Sometimes will completely skip songs).
Thanks for reaching out!
Regarding your playlist issue:
1. Could you please share several screenshots of your playlist so we can see the order?
2. Does this happen when you listen offline or online?
3. How do you start the playlist - do you click the play button or a certain song?
Thanks in advance. We look forward to your reply 🙂
1.) I've included an image of the actual order of songs in an album.
I've added this album to a playlist using the "Add to Playlist" button on the album.
As you can see in the two other images, the windows client shows the songs in "logical order". The Android client shows them in the opposite order. This order is generated when I load my playlist.
2.) This occurs online and offline.
3.) I typically start the playlist by clicking the first song or a song down the list.
Thanks for the screenshots - they shed some light on the subject.
Can you please do the following:
1. Check that the songs in the playlists are sorted by Recently Added.
2. Then create a test playlist, add some songs and then add an album.
3. If the issue persists (and the songs are not sorted by Recently Added), try step 1 and 2 from a family member's Spotify account or from a friend's Spotify account to see if they have the same issue.
Keep us posted! Thanks 🙂
I am having the same issue and have tried the above steps.
With 2 playlists, both sorted by recently added:
If playlist A has songs 1,2,3,4
and I move them to playlist B, they show up in order 2,1,3,4 (random)
When i now play playlist B from the start, they play in 3,1,4,2 (random)
Thanks for your fast reply.
Please follow the instructions in this article.
Could you tell us:
1. What happens after you follow each step? You can explain by giving the number of the exact step and saying briefly what the outcome was.
2. Have you tried logging in and out of the app to see if the issue persists?
We'll be keeping an eye on your replies 🙂
This same thing happens with me. It has been done for years, now all of a sudden when you add album to recently added playlist it sorts it last song at top and first song on bottom. But does not even play in that order. Obviously I want to hear an album first song first and last song last, when it is sorted as recently added (Newest songs at top of playlist).
Hey there you, Yeah, you! 😁 Welcome - we're glad you joined the Spotify Community! While you here, let's have a fun game…