Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android 10] Hey Google, I like this song

[Android 10] Hey Google, I like this song

Plan

Premium

Country

Belgium

Device

OnePlus 6

Operating System

Android 10 - unRooted

My Question or Issue

Since updating to Android 10, the Google Assistant command "Hey Google, I like this song" or "Hey Google, thumbs up this song" are no longer working.
On both commands, the Assistant sarcastically replies me with "I'm glad you liked it" but does not take any further actions (liking that song on Spotify, that is...)

I've deleted all of Spotify's cache and data, uninstalled and freshly re-installed from the App store but no success. The next-previous-pause/play commands are working.

Any help would be appreciated. I often use this function when I'm using hands-free.

3 Replies

Hey, @KennyVl 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

I couldn't test it on Android 10, but it is working on Android 9 as well. So I recommend that you try to break the connection between your Google Assistant and Spotify and then, reconnect them again. I also recommend meanwhile, that you try to check if the issue persists on another Android 10 device, if possible. 

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I did try re-linking before completely re-installing, so I'm sure that doing this again will not resolve my issue.

Let's wait until anyone else chimes in.

And, since Android 10 is not that widely spread yet, I only have the one device with this OS version so no option to test on another device 😞 Kinda hoping anyone here would share their experiences...

Hey again, @KennyVl 

I really need that you do it again and clean the caches and data of Google Assistant up too. I'm asking it because maybe the issue may be from the Google app. There is no information on backstage about this the remotion of this feature, so it is just misbehavior. And I'm working with other people to find a solution to this question, following a protocol.

And, if possible, tell me what is the version of the Spotify app that you're running on your device, and let me know if it is an Alpha/Beta or common version.

Keep me posted!

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts