[Android 4.4] Strange sounds when screen is touched

Re: After Kit Kat strange sounds when screen is touched

Joe
Community Legend

Actually I lied. It just came back but I actually had to go into audio effects and turn them on then off for the oscillations to start. 

user-removed
Not applicable

I have the same issue. Recent updates of Spotify do not help. Any action inside Spotify - Search, skip Track, whatever - makes the oscillating sound. Can confirm it only happens when listening over Bluetooth.

I don't know how to turn off the equalizer in Android. One can only choose wich Equalizer app to use, but I find no option to choose none.

JohnGregory
Gig Goer

eigentor: You turn off the equalizer in Spotify, not Android. Open Spotify in your device, press on Settings, scroll to Audio Effects and set Equalizer to Off.

Re: [Android 4.4] Strange sounds when screen is touched

JohnBury
Regular
Hi, I have had what seems like the same issue tho it comes on over headphones and device speaker too. I have disabled equaliser and going to next track seems to stop it (so far).

By the way it doesn't seem to be an issue on my Nexus 4/kit kat - same version of OS & Spotify.

tawoody
Music Fan

I've been having the same problem since I started using Spotify in the last month! It's annoying to the point where I'm going to stop paying for it! Anytime I'm playing music through Bluetooth, anytime I turn my screen on or off, or use other applications, or randomly in the middle of a song, the music plays a horrible buzzing screechy sound for a second or two then resumes.

Please fix! I don't want to go back to Pandora

HTC One

Bluetooth

Android 4.4.2 via Cyangenmod11

Latest build of Spotify

DSP Manager has ALL settings disabled

JohnGregory
Gig Goer

While this is not the ideal fix, you can eliminate the noise by opening Spotify in your device, pressing on Settings, scrolling to Audio Effects and setting Equalizer to Off. You then may have to skip to the next track to stop the noise. Then you can join the rest of us waiting for Spotify to give us a definitive solution.

tawoody
Music Fan

Hey John, sadly that does not help. My loud buzzing noise is not constant, it just randomly occurs. Sometimes it happens 5 times during 1 song and othertimes it's fine for a few songs.

In Spotify Equalizer settings, it is nicely integrated with Cyanogenmod and instead of seeing the On or Off option, it actually directs me to the built in DSP Manager. But like I said, all settings in DSP Manager are disabled for me.

JohnGregory
Gig Goer

Hi Tawoody,

I am not familiar with Cyanogenmod or its advantages over the regular Spotify app. Still, would it be possible to replace Cyanogenmod with the latter on a temporary basis while waiting for a fix from Spotify? This is not an elegant solution, but it could eliminate the irritating noise problem.

JohnGregory
Gig Goer

Oops, I just realized that Cyanogenmod is a mod for Android, not Spotify. So, I'm not sure how relevant my suggestion is.

tawoody
Music Fan

Yeah, Cyanogenmod is a complete replament for the stock Android operating system.

And unfortunately, after doing more research, this issue seems to be related to all Android devices running 4.4 and higher and listening to music through bluetooth. So it's not related to Spotify at all. It's happening on different phones and music streaming services like Google Play Music.

SUGGESTED POSTS