Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android 5.1.1 - How do you change the storage location?

Solved!

Android 5.1.1 - How do you change the storage location?

Hello community,

I have used spotify premium for a half a year now. I tried to store my music onto my SDXC card. First the spotify app continued storing the music to my internal storage. After reinstalling the app it started to store the music on my SDXC card so i downloaded my music (about 12GB). 

I restarted my phone some weeks later and spotify didn't find the data saved on my SDXC card anymore.

Now my Question to you: Is there a setting where i can change the reading/storage location? 

Or do i have to reinstall my Spotify to let it check the SDXC card again?

thank you for your time,

Huthman

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

There is an option to change storage on the newest update. Go to the menu, then hit settings, then scroll all the way to the bottom and under "Other" there should be "Storage" where you can transfer everything over.
Your issue may be that it is not detecting the SD card, to which I have no answer. My current problem is that it sees the card but when I tell it to transfer it says it is incompatible with Spotify. The card is a standard SanDisk 16gb if everyone could help.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

There is an option to change storage on the newest update. Go to the menu, then hit settings, then scroll all the way to the bottom and under "Other" there should be "Storage" where you can transfer everything over.
Your issue may be that it is not detecting the SD card, to which I have no answer. My current problem is that it sees the card but when I tell it to transfer it says it is incompatible with Spotify. The card is a standard SanDisk 16gb if everyone could help.

Haven't seen it in the updatenotes ^^ ty for your help

Suggested posts