Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android App Starts Skipping like a scratched CD and stops playing when Phone is in lock screen

Android App Starts Skipping like a scratched CD and stops playing when Phone is in lock screen

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Pixel 3aXL

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

When I lock my screen and set my phone down it almost immediately starts skipping like a scratched CD and sometimes even stops playing until I pick up the phone. I believe it also only occurs when the battery charge is below 90%. Seems like a battery setting but I have tried turning off battery optimization for spotify and for the phone but to no avail. 

5 Replies

Hey there @kylescribbles

Thanks for posting on the Community about this.

If changing the battery optimization settings didn't work for you, try running a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device. This step ensures you get the latest app version with all necessary updates. 

In case this persists, check if you observe the same when connecting to a different network. If it works with another connection, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

@Ivan thanks for the suggestion. I have tried each of those a couple times. I reinstalled it once and have run into this issue on multiple wifi networks and on the providers 4g network. If I remember correctly, I also noted this issue before and after I updated to Android 11 as well. 

Hey @kylescribbles,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you try to log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists?

It would also be good if you can let us know which version of the app you have?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I've found the solution! The problem only occurs during GROUP playback. Choose just one AUDIO channel.

Can you explain how to do this?

Suggested posts