Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android App says no internet connection available while on t-mobile

Android App says no internet connection available while on t-mobile

Hello! 

Wanted to post here since so far i've been unable to find anything else online to see if anyone is having the same issues i'm experiencing. I noticed today that i'm unable to get a connection on the spotify app. Here's some info:

Phone: HTC One M8

Android Version: 4.4.4

Spotify Version: 1.5.0.739

APN: fast.t-mobile.com

Attempts to log out and log back in are unsuccessful as when i try to login, it says that there's no internet connectiona available. I've tried resetting the cache and rebooting the phone, i've tried a restart of the device and that didn't resolve the issue either.

The only thing i know of that's changed recently is my M8 received the KitKat 4.4.4 update. If i connect to wi-fi then i'm able to stream music just fine no problem, it's whenever i try to do it over cell is where I run into problems.

Has anyone else on T-Mobile been having any issues as of late with streaming anything on Spotify?

67 Replies

Upgrading Android seems to have corrected this issue for me as well for HTC M8 on T-Mobile.

Yes the new Lollipop update fixed the issue for me.

Clearing the app cache instantly resored the connection.

Not sure why folks keep pointing to T-mobile.
(I'm in the Netherlands, not on T-mobile.)

I just got onto spotify premium and this is happening for me only in my home wifi.... 😞
The fixes.. they do nothing! Sucks...

This totally worked !!!!!

😍

THis is recently happening to me as well but only on my home wifi. Any suggestions?

Same thing here : HTC one m7, Android 5.0.2, home WiFi, definitely ipv4, nothing helps, not even reinstall and reboot, all other apps work.
Clearly I will not mess around with APN settings. Paying for the premium service is my job and I can do so because I get payed doing my actual job.
Making the app work is your job.

I realize this thread is 2.5yrs old, but the solution suggested by nilesjac3 (turning on background refreshing) fixed a problem that just started on my iphone version of the app today, so thanks!

Suggested posts