Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android App stops playing offline music when starting to connect to WiFi

Solved!

Android App stops playing offline music when starting to connect to WiFi

I couldn't find a similar thread and this bug makes me so upset because it almost always happens.

EDIT: whoaaaaa this editor sucks, I couldn't enter your full template because it just cuts the text. Besides I had to login again when I was finished and it didn't save the text. Luckily I was prepared and Copied it before I clickes Submit.
Please read full post here: http://pastebin.com/KmGTjy5J

What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue?

0. (I downloaded several playlists and I almost have the 3333 song limit but still have free space on my ext SD card)

1. disconnect Wi-Fi, deactivate streaming via cellular network

2. start spotify, play a offline playlist

3. listen to some music

4. go to Android home screen, activate WiFi, device connects to a network

5. after a few seconds, the music suddenly pauses, sometimes during a song, but most times while the next (downloaded=offline) song should start playing. 

6. spotify reacts veeeery slowly, it takes several seconds (sometimes half a minute) until the spotify screen loads (until the cover is shown and the forward/play/pause keys react) when I reopen spotify. Often, the song that just played finished  and the song's progress bar stopped at the end of the song and just stays there for half a minute or so.

What I expected to happen

The music should just continue playing with high priority, no music is downloaded, no special system ressources are used (games, big apps, facebook, ...)

Did you restart your device when troubleshooting in section B?

Oh, you want me to restart my device 20 times a day? Well, I restart my device several times a week but this is a permanent error.

I always listen to spotify while studying and of course Wi-Fi is disabled. Every like 20-30 Minutes when I connect my Wi-Fi, this happens.

Did you read the connection troubleshooting tips?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

In step one under your heading 'What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue?' did you also activate 'offline mode' in the settings. As far as I can tell this basically tells spotify to ignore all of your connections which in theory should resolve your problem.

Let me know either way and I'll see if I can help anymore

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Check me out on Twitter
Did this solve your problem? If so mark it as solution or if you liked this post feel free to give me Kudos for it

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

In step one under your heading 'What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue?' did you also activate 'offline mode' in the settings. As far as I can tell this basically tells spotify to ignore all of your connections which in theory should resolve your problem.

Let me know either way and I'll see if I can help anymore

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Check me out on Twitter
Did this solve your problem? If so mark it as solution or if you liked this post feel free to give me Kudos for it

We'll that's not really a solution but a good workaround... Thank you for the tip!
since I don't believe that anyone can help me any further, I will accept it as a solution.
best regards,
Matzel

Suggested posts