Premium

Country

US

Device

Pixel 4 / Honda Civic Touring 2019 Headunit

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

I'm wondering if there's a way to change the buttons that show up on the car screen in Android Auto. I'm trying to build up my library so that Spotify will learn my preferences better, but adding a song always requires accessing the overflow menu. However, there is plenty of space for an extra button. In fact at one point the thumbs down used to show up.

Right now in the button bar I have the playlist, back, play/pause, forward/skip, overflow. I never use any of these except forward/skip and usually only my passenger uses that since the steering wheel has a button.

I'd love to add the "add to library" button here as there's room, or even get rid of the playlist button. While driving I rarely want to look at the playlist. That could be moved to the overflow for when I'm stopped.  It's hard to press the overflow and add to library buttons correctly while driving and not get distracted from the road, but I don't want to miss adding really good songs.

Any suggestions, or is this something that has to be a change in the software. If so, I'd like to suggest switching out playlist and "add to library" or alternatively, switching out the playlist button for whatever button from the overflow you use most often. That way it could learn for people who do like that playlist button to be there.

0 Replies

Suggested posts