Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android , Avoid using offline mode

Android , Avoid using offline mode

Android
Spotify Premium

Spotify logged me out after an update, I couldn't log back in due to being in offline mode , sound familiar ???
The only way to avoid this issue altogether is to avoid using offline mode fullstop.
Download a firewall for your device and block spotify instead of selecting offline mode.
When you want spotify to connect then unblock in firewall or turn firewall off.
Even better define rules for how you want spotify to access the internet , 
You can still listen to your downloaded playlists , albums & tracks , you don't need to use offline mode 

My firewall settings for Spotify on my android :    Mobile data     /     Wifi
                                                                                          Block                      Allow 

When i'm at home i'm on my wifi network , that's where i use spotify the most and will download .
When i'm not at home i connect to mobile data network , spotify will be blocked but i can still listen to all my downloads , nothing else is blocked , just spotify.
Never do i put Spotify in offline mode , i just force it offline.

1 Reply

Hey there @Ian-AWS-Cahill

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify.

These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing and get the app to its usual behavior. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

It's also a good idea to log in to your Spotify account on another device just to check if you observe the same. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Suggested posts