Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android Lollipop - Lock Screen Controls Not Available

Solved!

Android Lollipop - Lock Screen Controls Not Available

Hi,

After upgrading to Android Lollipop the lock screen controls are no longer available unless notifications with sensitive information are enabled.  This effects all applications so obviously isn't a preferred option.  Unless this is enabled the lock screen only shows a notification from Spotify and states sensitive information has been hidden (no controls are available).

Can Spotify please advise when a new release with this fix will be available?  This is a major issue for some users as functionality and user experience has significantly diminished.  I'm surprised Spotify hadn't fixed this pre-release of Lollipop as developer previews of Lollipop have been available for months.

Thanks

Tim Douglas

83 Replies

Next from microsoft is the best choice i found for Huawei

I did the clean reinstalling again, still lock screen does not show forward and backward buttons. Please email me the solution ASAP to my Email at: azimifarhad2002@yahoo.com 

It would be  really frustrating to see such a big hassle especially in the time of driving which would be really dangerous.It doesn't make sense to me such a huge and famous company has not resolved this issue so far.

I did the clean reinstalling again, still lock screen does not show forward and backward buttons. Please email me the solution ASAP to my Email at: azimifarhad2002@yahoo.com 

My device: Galaxy NOTE 4

Spotify Version: 5.8.0.1029 armV7

It would be  really frustrating to see such a big hassle especially in the time of driving which would be really dangerous.It doesn't make sense to me such a huge and famous company has not resolved this issue so far.

It doesn't work after recent updates - I can't see spotify on my lock screen on S6.
Marked as solution

same here, S7 with Android 6.0.1 and latest Spotify version. No lockscreen control and album art

This is the proper solution, this did the trick. It's solved for me. Thanks to 

@cosmogenesis wrote:
In addition to the above you must allow notifications on the lock screen through the security settings.

Settings > Lockscreen & Security > Notifications

same here.. using an S6 with Marshmellow ..

this thread has started two years ago. So how freakin incompetent can a company be?!

Have you tried next from Microsoft at Google play? Worked on Huawei p8 lite both in android 5 and 6. Make sure to give next access to spotify I app settings! Still spotify should fix this NOW!

So I have the S7 edge and I was able to fix this issue. All you have to do is go to the notification settings and turn on the settings for spotify. For some reason with new update it was turned off.

Cracked it. Switch all notifications to lock screen off but scroll down to spotify and allow. Now works feom lock screen. Happy days!

This is driving me nuts! The shortcut keeps disappearing at the top of my Samsung 7S so I have to keep going into the app to manage music. I've reinstalled. Any advice please? Also, music continues to play when my phone rings and this never used to happen.

Hey @carlajvr77 since the S7 doesn't run Lollipop, you may want to wander over here where the current issues are being discussed.

if you are experiencing these symptoms:

-music keeps playing after headphones or bluetooth are disconnected

-lock screen controls are gone while notifications are enabled

-have problems with external controls not functioning or launching while spotify is     running(smartwatches and the like. mine would show album art but the controls and library features did nothing)

disable or uninstall battery-saver applications. Battery managers can interfere with programs like spotify running in the background. I would recommend uninstalling any battery managing programs or adding an exception so that they allow spotify to do its thing.

ALSO android nougat dose feature causes the same problems, but it is easy to add exception for spotify.

Thanks, enabling notification worked

Hi suveck,

I'm experiencing these exact symptoms, but I don't have any battery-saver apps installed. Also, all notifications are allowed for spotify.

I'm using a LG G4 with Android 6.0. Any other ideas?

This old thread relates to lockscreen controls not appearing on android 5.x devices. If you are using android 6 or 7, the relevant thread is here.

You should also check that you have given spotify the necessary permissions.

Notifications

Toggle on:

• Allow notifications
  • Preview in pop-ups

The rest should be toggled off.

Marked as solution

On the lock screen you'll get a simple Spotify or Netflix notification with the music title and no control buttons. Simply touch the Spotify or Netflix notification and slide down. You'll have your control buttons back! Worked on my Galaxy A5 with Marshmallow....

thx for your answer, but how should i drag the notification away if there is no notification at all? 😉

Thanks!

FabioBR Great! (y)
Screenshot_20161220-101803.png

Suggested posts