Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Other] Phone takes over spotify play from ancillary devices when headphones are powered on

[Android][Other] Phone takes over spotify play from ancillary devices when headphones are powered on

BUG REPORT - When listening to spotify on a device other than my phone, and I connect my bluetooth headphones to my phone (to answer a call, mainly), music transfers to my phone / headphones opposed to maintaining play on the ancillary device.  

This behavior should be adjusted to maintain play on the ancillary device b/c the music and phone call end up happening at the same time until the music is able to be paused.  Furthermore, most intelligent headphones have the same button for play/pause and answer/hangup call.

1 Reply

Hey there @austingsmith,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community. We moved your post from the Ideas section to the help boards as its content fits better here.

If you're still having trouble, would you mind letting us know if you've already tried any troubleshooting steps for this issue? This way we can avoid repeating steps. 

It would also be helpful if you could try with a different Bluetooth headphones set (if possible) and let us know if the issue persists. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts