Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Playlists] Mobile app's "recently played" should link to playlists

[Android][Playlists] Mobile app's "recently played" should link to playlists

Hello.

I have a suggestion on Android app "recently played" feature. Let me use an example (see attached .pdf):

1, 2. I'm listening to a song from a playlist.

3. I switch to something else.

4. I want to get back to the previous playlist and song. I check my "recently played" and here it is!

5. I pick the song from "recently played".

6, 7. The playlist I had used is visible in my history and I've expected it to start now, resuming where I had dropped before. Instead, the song is playing from album. The next song playing will be the next song on the album, rather than the next song on the playlist. In order to resume the playlist, I have to click on the playlist name (it brings me to the beginning of the playlist) and then manually scroll it down all the way to the song I had listened previously - all this could be one click away if the song title in "recently played" actually linked to the playlist that's showing right above it and made the song play from this very playlist. Should I need to actually access the album, it's fairly easy anyway - click on three dots -> "View album".

I hope I've described the issue clearly. Thank you for you consideration.
Cheers,
Rafał

3 Replies

Hi @Yngvard,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community 🙂 Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread.

We've tested this from our end and can confirm that the Recently played tab should only play the songs that you've played recently from the specific playlist and not the rest from the album itself.

In this case, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing issues. 

Keep us posted on how it goes.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I tried it again, I reinstalled the application and I'm afraid it's still the issue. The "recently played" still doesn't bring me to the proper playlist. Never mind, it's not that big deal after all. Maybe I'll get it fixed some day along with some update.

Hey there @Yngvard

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Could you check if the issue persists on a different phone as well?

Additionally, we suggest that you check if the OS of your phone has any pending updates. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts