[Android][Playlists] Remember Playlist scroll position

Highlighted

Re: [Android][Playlists] Remember Playlist scroll position

jerrawa
Gig Goer

Thanks to everyone for their support on this "new" feature.

@blake : when do you think this will be added into a release?

Highlighted

blake
Community Legend

Hi @jerrawa, I can't really offer any insight there, as I'm not privy to that sort of information: I just help out on the forums by moderating the Ideas. I can say that this idea has quickly grown in popularity, so once it's reached 100 kudos, staff will be in here to give a response. 🙂

Highlighted

Nudd3000
Casual Listener
This is not a feature. I wonder who thought of this lovely new idea. Its just annoying. I thought my app/phone had a problem and not that it is intended. If they really think some people need it, make it a changeable setting. Or just remove this horror 😄
Highlighted

juahan
Regular

This is important. I would also add to this that it would be awesome if playlist remembered the last song I played from it. I frequently listen to 500+ song playlists and it is pain to try to find the song I was listening last. The only way I have found to do it is to actually write it down the last song onto a piece of paper...

Highlighted

jerrawa
Gig Goer
This is fixed for me in spotify version 4.1.0.868 on a galaxy note 3. Is it working again for anyone else?
Highlighted

winterwulf
Regular

I wonder what kind of **bleep**tard that imagined someone would like this kind of "feature", really

Highlighted

Spotify
Spotify

Hey folks, this was posted in our Ideas Board but it needed to be moved to Help as it was more an issue report. 

This should now be fixed, please let us know if you're still experiencing this on the latest version of our Spotify Android app. Thanks!

Highlighted

jerrawa
Gig Goer

Hi Merideth

I was specifically told by Julie from Spotify support that this should be posted as an new feature.

ref:_00DD0pxIW._5005713au32:ref 

Thanks for getting back to us.

Actually, what's happening is normal, but it sounds like a great idea.

We’ll be sure to pass your suggestion onto the right folks here at Spotify.

If you think this is also something other Spotify customers would think is a good idea, be sure to add it to our ideas board. Those who also support your idea can then vote on it or add to the conversation.

We’ll keep everyone updated on the status of your idea.

Any other questions, we're an email away.

Have a nice day!

Julie

Also thank you for noticing and finally moving it to the Help section. I will test and see if it has been fixed.

Highlighted

DidiTheOne

I use the last version of Spotify. It is still affected by  the playlist position reset bug. How can I fix this incredibly time consuming pest? I'm a premium subscriber, on a Galaxy S7 with Android 7.0 fully updated.

Highlighted

deniztt
Casual Listener

If Spotify considers it as a bug and prefers to not prioritize it, it's perfectly understandable BUT if they say it is a “feature” they are kidding with their customers. Just somebody gives me a reason to implement this “feature”. What is the advantage of having to scroll down each time when you open your active playlist?

SUGGESTED POSTS