Premium

Country

USA

Device

LG V30

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Whenever I change the sort order for podcast episodes, it reverts to the default sort order after a few seconds.

I prefer to sort from oldest to newest for podcasts that I'm catching up on so that autoplay goes in the correct direction, and this used to work perfectly fine. However, after the latest update, the sort order always reverts, even as I'm looking at the list without interacting with it. Sometimes when I change the sort order it will lag, and then it immediately reverts to the default sort order.

This is making it extremely difficult to listen to several of my podcasts. Please fix.

21 Replies

Plan

Premium

Country

Hungary

Device

Google Pixel 4a

Whenever a song is playing and:

• there is an incoming phone call 
  • I disconnect, then reconnect the headphones/earbuds
  • I send a voice message through WhatsApp or Messenger

the originally alphabetical order of the Liked Songs suddenly changes to a random one. It's like randomization is turned on automatically. The alphabetical order is based on the names of the artists, just to clarify.

Let's give you an example of the issue: after a song by Rihanna, a Beyoncé or Kelly Rowland song could be played (even if I'm already past those songs), no matter how many songs by artists starting with letter B would follow. This is a minor nuisance that can be managed by going back to the home page of the Spotify app, then returning to the Liked Songs and clicking on the desired song. The order of the playlist will start from that song and will go alphabetically, as in normal case.

Plan

Premium

Country

Kosovo

Device

Samsung A34

Operating System

Android 14

My Question or Issue

Inside a folder I am selecting the playlists to be sorted by custom order, but when I open a playlist and I go back it is set again to recents

Suggested posts